The year is half over: Album of the year candidates?

How long did it take you to chose the most boring death metal release of the year? Well, out of the "cool" ones? :confused: What else have you heard?

I thought it was boring as well, then I let the album digest and formulate and it really is something. It's so much more than an Immolation worship band. It probably isn't the best album of the year, but it's the current album that is giving me a boner besides "Let the Devil In".

lol i just don't understand this. how can nothing impress you? this year has been great for death metal.

Thats why not much has impressed me. Im not a big death metal fan, and tbh the year isnt even half way through so ive still got a lot of time to listen to what everyone considers to be the best albums of the year. Ive already listened to two albums mentioned in this thread and both have impressed me.

Adding these to my list:
SubRosa - No Help for the Mighty Ones
Blood Ceremony - Living With The Ancients

The ones that are at the top of my list so far:

Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst the Ashes
Nader Sadek - In the Flesh
Origin - Entity
Anomalous - Ohmnivalent
Ulcerate - The Destroyers of All

Eagerly awaiting the new Lock up and Gorguts.

Kampfar - Mare is absolutely fucking awesome, too.

If anyone hasn't heard anything from the album, here is the title track. Pretty sick if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of these albums aren't really obscure.

I'm 34 now, I don't have the time to keep up with all these bands so most of them are obscure to me hahaha. :loco: I gave up reading Terrorizer years ago, so I don't know what's coming out now much.

On the Kampfar one, I fucking loved Kvass and I'm definetely checking out the new one.

Hate Eternal sounds exactly like their last one - meh x 10. EDIT - wait, "Hatesworn" just came on it's not just blasting!