Thinking about a band/project name for my stuff..

For some reason Krank Sinatro from the sloan list always makes me laugh. Jerkin Erkan and the Spermacles is a consideration :lol:

Cool replies!

Wait what, who said Endoverse is taken? Ansii linked to a swedish company. Why would that matter? Do band names also "share market" with company names? Well okay, obviously you can't name your band "Coca Cola" but something like "Endoverse"... what the fuck.

So like if I start a death metal band and call it "Blood Anus of Worms"... someone would not be able to start a company with that name! How cool is that!?

Cool replies!

Wait what, who said Endoverse is taken? Ansii linked to a swedish company. Why would that matter? Do band names also "share market" with company names? Well okay, obviously you can't name your band "Coca Cola" but something like "Endoverse"... what the fuck.

So like if I start a death metal band and call it "Blood Anus of Worms"... someone would not be able to start a company with that name! How cool is that!?

I had no idea that was a company name, I can't read swedish obviously so I didn't know what it was. Actually I think the rules on that is kinda blurred, I know Machine Head was in some legal trouble over a house appliances company using that name and suing them, but in the end they won cause the court ruled because of their separate fields there is no ground for confusion. So yeah I guess you COULD call it endoverse

Don't use Erkan! You will totally lose the (big) German market cause Erkan is the name of a very famous, very silly faux-turkish comedian (part of the duo Erkan & Stefan).

I can't think of anyone who doesn't associate that name with the guy ...

359y13s.jpg

It's the dude on the right!!! :D

erkan is the dude on the left as far as I remember....

if you'd use your name it would be the full name I guess....which doesnt remind me that much of erkan & stefan, but more it sounds like the name of a turkish pop-singer to me...

"Endoverse" is ok, maybe you can modify it a bit so you wouldnt ran into legal troubles of any kind?

Then I got into this whole space theme and thought about the universe and shit. I have a way of thinking which is that no one can prove the existance of another person's mind. This could essentially mean that this whole universe is mine and when I die, it disappears with me and that everyone have their own universe. It's a fun thought to toy with. Anyway, this spawned the name "Endoverse" since "Endo" means like "produced within the body" (in medicine f.ex.), so "Endoverse" basically means "The Universe Within". Voila, a new name and it has my "philosophy" weaved into it. I control my life and my universe - I'm my own limit and nothing else.

I think you're on the right track with this, just read some signs wrong...(lol)...instead of "Endoverse" it should be more musically "End of Verse" - check that from Maya calendar if you don't believe me.

But till the last minute I'd vote just "Erkan" (with some cryptic font for sure).

;)

What's wrong with "The Universe Within"? That sounds kind of cool...

That or Chattrock is Dickbuts from sloan's list.

Haha :) The Universe Within is maybe too "explanatory", I don't really know.. maybe too long for my taste.

Something like Project Endoverse?

I'm a bit allergic to names that contain the word "Project" :)

I think you're on the right track with this, just read some signs wrong...(lol)...instead of "Endoverse" it should be more musically "End of Verse" - check that from Maya calendar if you don't believe me.

But till the last minute I'd vote just "Erkan" (with some cryptic font for sure).

;)

End of Verse grabbed my attention for sure, hadn't thought about that. But it feels like the name slips too much into the metal category, I don't know. Erkan is not an option, I hate my own name quite a bit because of certain associations with it :(

I've thought a lot about what you wrote Smy, Faderhead and all that "rhyme" within the name. You are right about that but I'm extremely allergic to "smartass" names that rhyme too much. A friend has a band called "Vein Pain" and it just makes me feel sick when bands come up with extremely "easy" to remember names such as those :)

Maybe "Endoverse" is the right one after all.. I'll have to see.

You guys are awesome, providing feedback and perspective whenever it's needed :)

Don't use Erkan! You will totally lose the (big) German market cause Erkan is the name of a very famous, very silly faux-turkish comedian (part of the duo Erkan & Stefan).

I can't think of anyone who doesn't associate that name with the guy ...

359y13s.jpg

It's the dude on the right!!! :D

Don't be silly, Germany has no use for comedians. :lol:

"Endoverse" is ok, maybe you can modify it a bit so you wouldnt ran into legal troubles of any kind?

EndoVerse

Done, haha :D

Anyways, I like this name alot.. but it makes me think album name rather than "band" name for some reason..

EDIT: As a slap in the face to all this generic you should name the project "Endoverse" and the album "The Universe Within"... just be-f'n-cause..

EDIT 2: The above was funny in my head....

-P

EndoVerse

Done, haha :D

Anyways, I like this name alot.. but it makes me think album name rather than "band" name for some reason..

EDIT: As a slap in the face to all this generic you should name the project "Endoverse" and the album "The Universe Within"... just be-f'n-cause..

EDIT 2: The above was funny in my head....

-P

haha yeah or ΣndoversΣ :lol:

anyway, I the more I hear that the more I like it...also a ton of cool artwork possibilities :headbang:

It might just be Endoverse actually... I'll have to sleep on it a few nights but I registered it on MySpace at least and there was no other band named that so that's good :)

Legal issues with companies shouldn't be that big of a deal unless the company named Endoverse is as huge as Coca Cola or some shit.

Choosing a name for your project because of a girl is absolutely gay, think of the real problems in your life if you ever got one, if that's the direction you want, anyway if one person fucked up your existence, don't just let that same person fuck your project's name.

I'd go for my name or random shit that sounds kool, OR smoke some weed and go for the universe thing.

My 2 cents.