This Album is BAD

I agree with peza that this album is a grower and it sounds the more you listen to it more and more like Evergrey. But compared to the other albums it is a little bit commercial. I don't like the fact that they've recorded the songs and then the producer came in and changed the songs.
What I'm missing the most on this album is the "change of atmosphere" like the part after the second chorus in "The Darkest Hour" with Carina singing or the guitar/synth melodies...
But I don't think this album shit, it's simple compared to the older stuff, less interesting, but still (very) good songs...
..the old stuff was fuckin awesome...MMA !!!!ONLY!!!! (very good)...

Sorry for my bad english...

If you think the new Evergrey CD is bad, you have no idea what a bad CD is.It's great, continue on................

Dove

Black Rain said:
Yeah but when good bands go bad to get on radio that's deafeatign the whole purpose. If evergrey got on the radio with mark of the triangle that'd be fucking aawesome. But there not. They're getting on the radio with "unspeakable" the ending to that song is so commercial.:puke:

That's the point. I completely agree.

DirgeForNovember said:
That's the point. I completely agree.

So, it wouldn't be the first time a song came on radio, and maybe people even like what it sounds like? Including the band when they did it. I don't know your critera for "radio music" though, I'll gess you have to switch frequence when the song appears.

Oogadee Boogadee said:
jeezus.

Regardless of where this new record falls, Evergrey's bad and horrible still crush a lot of what's out there.

Now this speaks the truth!

I've barely been on this forum for about two months, and I'm already getting tired of checking the new posts, just because they all contain complaints about how the new album is "commercial" and "sell out." If you really don't like how the album is, don't let it get to you, and don't go online and throw hissy fit shit about it. Making supposedly-witty comebacks to members who are trying to make sensible descriptions of why it isn't that bad of an album doesn't really make you a hard-ass. If you are going to complain about how the album is bad, don't say lame crap like "they've sold out." The band said it themselves in a past interview where they wanted to make some straight-up, energetic-when-played-live metal. Sure, the solos aren't as complex or numerous as I'd like them to be on the new album, and the keys are drowning in the sounds of the other things going on, but the album has it's good points.

So basically, if you are going to rip or point out what you don't like on MMA, or anything for that matter, come up with some more substance to your complaints, like what makes the production bad or how they seem less progressive like Virtus did, rather than just saying that it sucks. That shit has been getting old sense the first leaking of the album. So what if they sound more radio-ready? I haven't heard them on any rock radio stations lately, and I don't think I will. Like Tom stated in the Limited Edition booklet of TIC, this isn' the kind of music you're going to listen to while on your way to the bar or wanting to feel good. It isn't exactly "pick me up" music, you see. While the songs on this album do have a bit less emotional substance than their past works, that doesn't mean that they are completely devoid of any emotion. The feeling's still there, it's just a bit different, that's all. No offense, but you just need to keep your mind open when it comes to listening to different types of music, as well as new music from old favorites.

Well, I repeat here what I previously said in another related topic:

"I have given the album a few listens too and I can't manage to say anything good about it. Lost song sounds like a Nickelback song and Obedience reminds me of a Slipknot last album song. Imho, greyness and the dear old Evergrey sound are sadly gone and I'm very disappointed because I didn't expect something like this. Evergrey obviously want to reach mainstream, this is so fuckin commercial and obvious, over all. Unsuitable and obvious solos, standard riffs, repetitive choruses, useless effected voice which characterize and clone most of the last metal bands records; this is Monday Morning Apocalypse. The only tracks I manage to like are Still In The Water (dark and heavy but still repetitive, I love Carina vocals in it, although so short), Till Dagmar, a beautiful and melacholic piano instrumental (sadly about 1.40 min long).
I'm really sorry to say things like these, but I really don't manage to change my opinion, it's quite sad. This is the changing and I don't like it, ISOT and Recreation Day golden years are gone."

To this, I'm adding the fact that I've listened the album about 10 times more and I found that Closure is another beautiful song. But once I had the album between my hands (yeah right, I preordered and BOUGHT IT autographed from the website after I've got it from Emule), I found that songwriting is the same ever, this time in a more banal or trivial way. They talk about the same things: disappointments, not-keen promises, self-struggling, loved ones' death, etc.., all in a banal way. For example, take "The Dark I Walk You Through" lyric. I'm beginning to think that maybe Evergrey watched "Someday" Nickelback video before writing the lyric for the song, lol. But that's just a funny point of view.

Check out this interview with Englund and Danhage. My words stop here.

http://www.vampire-magazine.com/interviews/evergrey/41214_evergrey_nickelback_beware.html

Does anybody read an Interview with Rik Zander about the new album??? Could be interesting what he thinks about the fakt that the Keyboards are "put on the backseat"...

Thx TallNerdKid :headbang: :kickass:

Sup bogans and freaks,

Just listened to the album for the 1st time and was pleasantly suprised after reading various amounts of tripe concerning it. The guitar sound is great and Toms vocals are great (as usual). Its a good progression from the previous 5 albums and I think it complements the discography well. Its not my fav, but I still think its awesome.

i can't believe i'm saying this about an EG release... but I have to agree with the negative opinions... I really tried to like it... but it was definately an album I liked less with each listen... it's only a couple weeks old in my collection... and I find myself never reaching for it... while I keep listening to other purchases I've made recently

This is how I see it. My personal favorite from Evergrey is In Search of Truth. I think every album they have done is great, but whatever the reason ISoT is the one that I get into the most. When The Inner Circle was released it took me a minute to warm up to it. Now I think it is "Bad Ass".

I think that the new album MMA will take a minute or two for some to realize that it is a great album as well. The bottom line is that we can have our own unique thoughts on how we feel. However, please maintain a bit of reason and loyalty. After all, Evergrey is still one of the most dynamic bands you will ever see. Yes, this new album is different. Does anyone really want them all to sound the same?

As for the Brittany Spears comment---Dude! If I send you my addy will you send me some of that shit you are smokin’¿ :Smokin:

Stay Grey

okay okay it's not bad, but it's too fucking far from inner circle and recreation day...it's totaly diferent from the other albums.
i waited 2 damn years for this :cry:

Seriously stop bitching about MMA, sure its not recreation day, the songs are alot more straight forward, but its still evergrey. Tom sounds as good as ever on vocals and there are still are great guitar solos. I actually like it alot.

Look on the bright side, its nowhere near as disapointing as St. anger! :lol:

batmura said:
I feel they've sold out when I listen to their new album. Tom could say they've stayed true to their integrity for the rest of his life in every interview he does, but when I hear MMA I can sense a deliberate attempt at "selling out".

You know when i first got the album the first thing i said when i listened to the whole thing was.."wow i really have to listen to this alot to get used to it" and eventually i did cause its evergrey.The songs are catchy (not there heaviest stuff) but catchy.Then i remember reading an interview in "metal edge" and Tom was saying that he had to start thinking about the sales.I look at it like this if they are TRUELY happy with the music they made then its not selling out,but if they decided to take this approach because they were worried about sales well then.......like i said i just hate to think it :kickass: