This Album is BAD

This is my least favourite EG album. I mean, in my opinion it is the first of their albums with filler songs, and some of the lyrics on these songs are pretty bad.

However, I wouldn't call it a bad album. It has a few really good songs on. Closure, til dagmar, I should, lost, unbreakable, and the title song are all really good.

says your crazy ass!

No it's cool you have your opinion and I have mine. thats hat makes this world so great. eh?

Umm how about we all agree that saying "This album sucks ass" should be translated as "I think this album sucks ass"?

That said, I listened to the album, and I think all the people saying it sucks are "true metal warriors" and prog groupies. Seriously, saying an album sucks because it's simple is like saying "I don't like the key they used." If you said "I don't like how they used a simpler song structure," that might be different, but stop being fucking Dream Theater for a few minutes, or at least enough to actually listen to one of the songs instead of writing down how many different riffs you heard. The album was fine - if you listen to it as a whole, then you don't notice something stupid like the number of riffs.

As for the true metal warriors (namely the guy who actually used the fucking term)... you honestly think Evergrey spent some 10 years or so fighting a fucking battle to play the music they wanted so that they could try to make money off it? Don't you realize how hard it is to get a band going in the first place? And don't you realize that even platinum-selling artists can (and often will) end up in debt, or broke? Or did you not fucking think about that? And so, you really think Evergrey, who had to fight like hell to get to this point, would suddenly abandon the passion that brought them this far?

That said, the album does sound a bit more accessible... I think that's just the direction they wanted to go in. The songs have the same passion they always did. I don't love the sound of the riffs, so this isn't my favorite Evergrey album...but I only listened once. I expect it to grow on me.

it cannot be that bad...
...the fact is...You think it's bad, so it's bad to You
i don't like the new album too, but there is some other people who likes
FUCK!!! i dont wan't to see evergrey with forty-five albuns, it will be all the same... just like iron maiden, they have a thousand of albuns and sounds all like the first one
in my opinion (if you give a shit) i think they have to try something diferent
what we have to do is sit down and wait the next albun

if you don't like the new albun, do as me - DON'T LISTEN

-mama mia-:headbang: :headbang:

It seems that I may be in the minority but this is Evergrey's BEST album by far. As I type, I'm listening to MMA and so far, I really love it. I'm on the 6th track at this moment and I'm reading the negative posts on this album and I'm thinking, "am I listening to the same CD as everybody else is? I do notice that it doesn't sound like the typical Evergrey album, but so what? Does every damn song have to have a double kick drum running through it from beginning to end? The last 2 or 3 tracts are okay, nothing special, but all in all a very nice rock album. Perhaps there lies the problem with many of you - it's a rock album, not a power metal album.

But then again, I was raised on UFO, Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Zep, Deep Purple, etc...bands that let the notes ring-out and the melody breathe instead of non-stop double bass.

But that's just my opinion.

As some other people do , I think this album is a masterpiece , but... only for people who are looking for a good bottle of old wine , not just for a glass of --- cola...

I'm a true fan of the early Metallica albums , and other pretty speed and metal things , I knew Evergrey from titles like "In the wake of the weary" or "More than ever" , "Darkest hour" ... which will please kids (and me too...) the most easily , but I like this latest album very much , I think you should see it as something to ADD to what you used to listen to , not just say "omg this is what Evergrey has become..."

Still , I can understand some people will remain disappointed , but I'd say "think twice" first.

gj Evergrey ! Thanks for your great work.

Its a good album that sees evergrey trying to get more mainstream, and you know what, theres nothing wrong with that. I have read a interview the other day, and Tom made it clear that he is doing it for the money and fame. So either go find a band that wont, or grow up! The Music is very good on the album, only the Artwork and cover suck :)

I have found that now adays the best way to tell someone about Evergrey is to say: Like Staind but with guitar and keyboard solos. However I dig Staind too, and I'm not a die hard metalist, I dig Slayer, I dig Nevermore, I dig Death, and Blind Guardian.

MonochromaticStains said:
not their best, that would be "In Search of Truth" for me, but it isn't any worse than the Inner Circle which was a let down for me, after "Recreation Day."

I am looking forwarrd to catching them at ProgPower USA in September...

Good point. There were a lot bitching around The Inner Circle & Recreation Day so why shouldn’t there be now?! :headbang:

Personally, I think at least, that my favourite album is Recreation Day, although some parts of TIC, In Search... stand up very well. However, one of my all time favourite songs is Solitude Within, which - by the way - is on Solitude, Dominance... album, and right now am listening to Monday Morning.. Which in it’s own way also totally kicks ass, - AS WELL!!

Right now, Till Dagmar as an intro to be followed by Still in the Water, is one of the most intense experiences I had.

That's my conclusion:
:worship:
:kickass:
:Smokin: :Smokin: :headbang:

erm..i would disagree whit opinion that MMA is bas album..this is definitely a DIFFERENT album than the previous ones...
With every listening of MMA i like it more n' more...the songs are very simple..without Karina's and back vocals(there is some on one or two as i remeber maybe i'm wrong) and rikard's keyboards as there are on the other albums..
but their intense was to make one simple album considering songwriting..to mark the essence of the song..i would say that you must be a geniuos to do that and for product make this good album..