this band didnt pay me

I do $100 down payments and never give them anything until they pay. They can come to the studio and hear it if they need to. Also, it helps that I do the mixing the days right after tracking so they know that I am trustworthy and won't take forever. Or, have the in the studio when you finish the mix and then get paid. Problem solved then; they have you cash (not checks) and you hand them the CD.

First off, I have to say that I agree with everyone saying not to give them anything.

However,

If you feel you must, instead of using that Voxengo beeper, why don't you just put the song in whatever multitrack program you use and get some hot chick (or wait, she only has to sound hot, :devil:) to do an overdub of a plug for your studio every 15 or 30 (or insert number here) seconds. That way, if they are going to put it on myspace or let their friend hear it, you get free plugs. Win - win situation. :kickass:

If you feel you must, instead of using that Voxengo beeper, why don't you just put the song in whatever multitrack program you use and get some hot chick (or wait, she only has to sound hot, :devil:) to do an overdub of a plug for your studio every 15 or 30 (or insert number here) seconds. That way, if they are going to put it on myspace or let their friend hear it, you get free plugs. Win - win situation. :kickass:

Hahaha, I love this idea!!