Client refuses to pay, what would you do?

nah, don't delete it, fucking mix it and sell it. fuck those guys. they already have shitty rough mixes, so just deleting the files won't change that. selling better mixes and spamming the link to al their fans will make them shit bricks.

I think it's better to keep this experience in mind for the future. Take it as a chance to be more firm and explicit from now on. Trying to fuck them by any way - except legal way - will bring more shit on you than good things and you have a business, you have to be prudent and professional. If they don't want to pay you, they don't get the material. End of the story. I'm pretty sure these guys will soon be known as assholes around.

Spread the word to other studios that this band are trouble and don't pay. Name and shame them. Tarnishing their reputation will ruin them and deservedly so

I told em i would take legal actions if they did not stop using the material they didn't pay for and they reacted immediately. They still refuse to pay because "it's not the results they want" even though they still have 2 revisions and they could fix whatever they don't like. They never gave me feedback on what needed to be changed or was was "bad", they just say it sucks and that i have no talent even after they had originally approved the work because i sent them 1 song fully mixed before i did the rest of it.

Here's another funny thing, they just sent me a message saying "we'll pay you 100$ if you give us only the vocal tracks mixed because we think they sound bad ass" HAH! ...they're funny.

If you have some written agreement you could easily win if you take them to court, I don't know how things work there, but they'll have to pay the cost of the mix plus the cost of lawyers and stuff, right? Don't let those b*stards win, they do that because they don't think there will be consequences, if everyone stands against them like I said, even for 1€ there'll be no scammers at all.

Hire Stephen Seagal to punch them all in the cock.
steven-seagal-puncher.jpg

I think it's better to keep this experience in mind for the future. Take it as a chance to be more firm and explicit from now on. Trying to fuck them by any way - except legal way - will bring more shit on you than good things and you have a business, you have to be prudent and professional. If they don't want to pay you, they don't get the material. End of the story. I'm pretty sure these guys will soon be known as assholes around.

I hate to say it but I agree with this. As much as I would want to get back at these retards, my prudent business mind would probably take the conservative route and chalk it up to a learning experience. You definitely won't let this happen again.

Use Voxengo Beeper ALWAYS when sending unfinished/unpaid mixes

http://www.voxengo.com/product/beeper/

This is great. Don't want to change the direction of the thread but can someone point me the "best free vst" sticky if there's any ? I've seen their GlissEQ at voxengo and I'm looking for something like that, and also a EQanalyzer (to steal guitar sounds haha)

Back on subject though, break their legs.