This is blasphemy I know but...

Chryst Krispies

Vanilla Gorilla
Jul 27, 2005
Boston
www.twitter.com
Ok, so.. I'll just chop to it quickly.

Do any of you guys make beats or anything along those lines for hiphop/rappers?

I dabble in this and it's got a market and all that so I wanna know basically the most efficient way possible to go about it. The virtual instruments I'm rocking now suck ass and I need help. This forum although it's UMF, there's alot of producers on here who HAVE to know something, so lemme know what the deal is please!

Thanks.

Mother****! I was just thinking the same thing! A hip hop artist appoached me to produce and record a few tracks for him and I need some good samples and programs to help me out as Fruity Loops isn't cutting it.

What a coincidence. Hey, no one said we have to be just metal-recording audio engineers did they? I don't listen to the style or love it but when I like working with new people and learning from their backgrounds.

There is actually some awesome hip-hop out there. Dr. Octagon is some of my favourite stuff, as are The Beastie Boys. You gotz to love the boiz!

Ok, I have to agree, Dr. Octagon is fucking awesome, and I love the old-school stuff as well. Modern shit (such as "This is why I'm hot") is quite honestly the most horrific garbage I've ever heard in my life, it just can't even be comprehended how much I hate it, but the more undergound shit (yo) I can dig. Sorry I can't contribute any more to this thread, except to say that I think a lot of people still use dedicated trigger pad drum machine gizmos for making beats (see "Hustle and Flow" for an example, and inspiration, if the hip hop route is your goal ;))

Ok, I have to agree, Dr. Octagon is fucking awesome, and I love the old-school stuff as well. Modern shit (such as "This is why I'm hot") is quite honestly the most horrific garbage I've ever heard in my life, it just can't even be comprehended how much I hate it, but the more undergound shit (yo) I can dig. Sorry I can't contribute any more to this thread, except to say that I think a lot of people still use dedicated trigger pad drum machine gizmos for making beats (see "Hustle and Flow" for an example, and inspiration, if the hip hop route is your goal ;))

I DEFINITELY don't mean mainstream :puke:Hip Hop and Rap. Underground is where it's at of course.

Mother****! I was just thinking the same thing! A hip hop artist appoached me to produce and record a few tracks for him and I need some good samples and programs to help me out as Fruity Loops isn't cutting it.

Check out the song I uploaded, its done completely with Fruity Loops without expansions or anything.

Check out the song I uploaded, its done completely with Fruity Loops without expansions or anything.

That's actually a hot beat. I envision eraser top hair cuts and flannel. Early nineties shit.

So is fruity loops a good choice?

And Ill Bill and Necro are my fucking idols haha REPPRESENTING FOR THE METAL KIDS!

That's actually a hot beat. I envision eraser top hair cuts and flannel. Early nineties shit.

So is fruity loops a good choice?

And Ill Bill and Necro are my fucking idols haha REPPRESENTING FOR THE METAL KIDS!

Thanks dude!
That was kinda my goal(Aimed for Eazy-E/Snoop/NWA)! :)

Fruity Loops is by my opinion the best choice if you want to make beats.
You get about 30-40 "sliced" beats/patterns that you can rearange, and alot of VST-synths that are made for this kind of music.
It also provides a masteringtool called "soundgoodizer", that will make any mix to get really phat and punchy(Sucks for everything thats not hiphop or Dance ofc.).

And the Fruit Kick is freakin awesome when it comes to those really low hiphop kicks: http://rapidshare.com/files/164805163/flkick.mp3.html

I listen to tons of hip hop, and Im even listening to Hollywood Undead these days... hate all you want, I dont give a fuck.

My dad has done beats for people, and i know a lot of guys in the scene down here in Houston that've worked with the Geto Boys, Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Mike Jones... whatever.

I dunno much about it, but, fuck it... you should do it and gets paid, yo

It's something I've considered, since I have a lot of software that would be very good for it, and I think I could make better, more musical beats and tracks than most of the hip hop producers out there. I don't have any connections, though, and I'm not seriously interested in pursuing it enough to make any or to promote myself as someone offering this service.

I was in a project for a little bit with a guy who has a solo project - all of his stuff is done within FruityLoops. If you take the time to know the program, you can do some pretty amazing shit.

http://www.myspace.com/cityatworldsend

Overall it will come down being able to make some cool samples for your beats, and then just song/beat structure.

Reason is awesome for that sort of ting.

DR OCTAGON!! mental my cousin used to dj for him or something, small world....
big fan of Public Enemy, Nwa, DR Dre, OLD Snoop Dogg, warren g etc etc.... myself

P.s Forgive my preaching to the choir if you already knew, but have you ever heard she watch channel zero by public enemy.... check that shit out