this is SO fucking cool, you guys!

okay, everyone here knows our own texan metal chick, ct thrash, right? well, me and her were chatting on messenger tonight (she was on her cell-phone) and she told me to tune into a metal show on Dallas' 89.3 KNON-FM radio station.

she convinced me to call in and request, so i did

they played ENGINES OF HATE. . .

but NOT before the dj says: "this dude from north carolina called in called BLACK WINTER DAY. . . (growing my name in death voice a couple times). . . he sounds like a black metal kinda dude, but he requested some nevermore! so here ya go, blach blah blah, north carolina, nascar. . . blah blah. . ."

it KICKED ASS!!!

you kick ass as well, ct thrash (even though we are headbanging to the song on messenger right now, haha)

just thought you guys would find this cool! ;)

Hey, that's really cool, BWD!! :) I think it really can add something special to your favorites if you can listen to them on the radio as well!!

ct thrash sent me a tape w/some stuff from that radio station...Morbid Angel,Death,Crowbar,Carcass,Nile,etc.I've also tuned in on the internet sometimes on Wed.&Thurs. nights to listen to the Hard Time Radio or whatever it's called.That station kicks so much ass!I wish there were radio stations like that in this state.Md stations suck.

Originally posted by dreaming neon darkspot
ct thrash sent me a tape w/some stuff from that radio station...Morbid Angel,Death,Crowbar,Carcass,Nile,etc.I've also tuned in on the internet sometimes on Wed.&Thurs. nights to listen to the Hard Time Radio or whatever it's called.That station kicks so much ass!I wish there were radio stations like that in this state.Md stations suck.
I know, really. Everything here is like "Washington DC's Number One Hit Music Station" or "Playin 20 Jams in a Row"

I should mail them a comp.cd listing songs by bands such as Linkin Park,Limp Bizkit,Staind,Creed,P.O.D.,etc.Then when they play it on the air,eveyone gets a good hearty dose of Immolation,Cradle of Filth,Opeth,Nevermore and Otep.Maybe that would set those fuckers straight...

Yes, it was very very VERY cool!!! When the show first came on, I was at eating at Denny's, so I was eating with one hand and chatting with BWD with the other!!! Ha! I called KNON right from my seat, he he he. Then I got him to call in and the rest is history. Now, what needs to happen is that everyone here needs to tune in and flood the KNON phone lines with Nevermore requests!!! That would freak them out!! he he he he. www.knon.org, click on "Community Rock" and it will tell you about the shows.