why is it that....

You probably are the only one. I never get that from people. Guess it is called ther fear factor, most people when they see metalheads will think of people who will fight them for anything. Except for M.Manson fans/nu metal kids who are a pathetic excuse for a human life. When you impose something most people won't dare speak out their mind. Guess it is time to hit the bench and start lifting? get buffed up and stuff. :D I for one never get comments.

i weigh 130 lb, does that count?

do you guys expect NOT to be singled out when you wear an expressive bandshirt and look otherwise very different than the general population? why do so many metalheads, goths, and punks complain about about this sort of thing? Of course lame people are going to start getting wierd ideas in their heads. being different is antisocial.

maybe people associate metal with satanism because so many extreme metal bands are self proclaimed devil worshippers? church burnings, anyone? blasphemic subject matter and obsession with the occult/funny looking symbols? inverted crucifixes? pentagrams? just a wild theory, of course.

M. said:
i weigh 130 lb, does that count?

do you guys expect NOT to be singled out when you wear an expressive bandshirt and look otherwise very different than the general population? why do so many metalheads, goths, and punks complain about about this sort of thing? Of course lame people are going to start getting wierd ideas in their heads. being different is antisocial.

maybe people associate metal with satanism because so many extreme metal bands are self proclaimed devil worshippers? church burnings, anyone? blasphemic subject matter and obsession with the occult/funny looking symbols? inverted crucifixes? pentagrams? just a wild theory, of course.

hats just thae thing apart from my hammer everything else i wear is "normal" i really dont care much for clothes as long as they keep me warm and dry.

AxeOfDarkness said:
well its generaly not the old ladys and shit who mention anything... it normaly happens when im in a line waiting to purchase something and some middle age lady (in one case some middle age dude) comes behind me and opens there mouth and has to start some kind of religous argument or make some kind of rude comment... the old grannys when they see something generaly just say "oh dear!" in that old lady voice... but they never try coming up to me and asking me shit or saying anything to piss me off...
am i the only one this happens to or do you guys get this too? cause it happens to me all the time!

i am 6' 3", 230 lbs of raw METAL. here's the pic of the most powerful star trek fan in the world.

i rarely have trouble when i am in the streets, but of course, i did say rarely. once, i was in a wal mart (of all places) and i was in line when some old lady almost hit me with her shopping cart when i bent down to organize a poker table in my shopping cart full of goodies, and of course i told her "you almost hit me" (and i didn't even yell at her, just said it in a neutral toned voice), and of course, she said she didn't see me (with the attitude of her inferior status being portrayed at its finest), but with the luck of the irish on my side, the store manager was there who saw everything, and he told me to follow him, and i said no and why should i? his response was that he didn't liked the way i treated the elderly lady, and i told him that i didn't say anything negative to her let alone that he saw everything, and thus, he grabbed my arm, i pulled my arm away and shoved him straight to the floor, and told him i was never going to shop there again, and just walked away. this happened around 2:00 pm, which is too damn early for me to visit a wal mart, and as far as what i was wearing, i was wearing the arch enemy wages of sin tour 2002, a heavily spiked bracelet, 2 rings (one skull the other coffin), and a huge baphomet pendant. anyhows, when i got home, i ended calling up the district manager, thanx to a friend of mines who happens to work at a different wal mart (yes, we have 4 of them where i live), and about a week later, i got a call back indicating that the man was fired for assaulting me and they gave me a $50 shopping card.

i'll tell you this much, it goes to show how looking a certain way pisses people off, which i myself am a victim of (the jews in other words).

that reminds me for some reaon..
last year i got into a fight with a mexican/puerto rican (whatever he calls him self) because i was wearing my most favorite of shirts... SOD speak english or die! and he got realy offended by it (i can understand why) and he walked up to me and shoved me and said somethin like "you have a problem with mexicans?!!" or something... i forget what it was cause half of it was in spanish... and i forget what i said... probably something witty... and he went to hit me and i side stepped him and tripped him to the ground and booted him in the head with my steal toe (only once, cause i know more that once would probably kill someone and thats a little much for something stupid)... he was out cold for like 10 minutes... of corse everyone in the lunchroom saw it so there were way to many wittnesses to get myself out of trouble and i got 10 days for fighting (recomended for expulsion also) and then i got 3 days in school suspension when i came back for wearing offensive clothing!! that was alot of fun!
thats an example of a case where i can see someone getting offended... but if i wear a at the gates "gardens of grief" shirt... all it has is a picture of a garden and a monk....(or whatever that guy is) which basicly means nothing.... just a picture... all of a sudden everyone says i am an advocate of the devil and thinks im crazy! wtf?
im gonna start going around asking "normal" looking people about there beliefs and tell them there crazy for believing in god and all that shit! ill strike up conversations in lines with old ladys and how stupid they are for believing in mythical figures they cant prove to be existent and worshiping them for doing what they cannot prove they did! im gonna make them look like the outsider weirdo people!!

btw: most people at my school thought i was realy scary!! they always thought i was gonna blow up the school or some shit and were generaly afraid to talk to me... (unless they were one of the rare few who didnt care about what people wear or anything like that)

M. said:
do you guys expect NOT to be singled out when you wear an expressive bandshirt and look otherwise very different than the general population? why do so many metalheads, goths, and punks complain about about this sort of thing?QUOTE]

Oh...so it's all justifiable then?

wearing a "speak english or die" shirt in Florida is like asking for troubles.
At the same time it pisses me off to see mexicans/cubans,... coming to this country with 3rd grade level english and no education and not make any effort to learn or better themselves. As for me, I have been here for 6 years and had to pay tremendous amount of $ to my lawyer to get everything legal with the US system. Here goes another subject that I won't get into.

AxeOfDarkness said:
btw: most people at my school thought i was realy scary!! they always thought i was gonna blow up the school or some shit and were generaly afraid to talk to me... (unless they were one of the rare few who didnt care about what people wear or anything like that)

Heh... I found out from my advisor at community college that people in my high school thought I was going to pull a Columbine! It's so completely rediculous if you know, I'm far to lazy to care that much about some asshole jocks who annoy me now and then. Sure I wore black at the time, but it wasn't even metal shirts then. It was mostly wolf shirts really. Although I did happen to get my black trench (had a gray one previously) the same week as Columbine, but I never wore it around during the day, only before and after school.

To M.: Very good points. Personally though I don't really get and trouble or whatever for what I wear. Sure I get some strange looks but the worst comments I've gotten are from some over-zealous xians trying to convert me and they were friendly about it.

To Tal Shiar Agent: Shit dude, you are the baddest trekky/trekker I've ever seen!

Belgar said:
wearing a "speak english or die" shirt in Florida is like asking for troubles.
At the same time it pisses me off to see mexicans/cubans,... coming to this country with 3rd grade level english and no education and not make any effort to learn or better themselves. As for me, I have been here for 6 years and had to pay tremendous amount of $ to my lawyer to get everything legal with the US system. Here goes another subject that I won't get into.

dude, i can agree with you 100%. don't get me wrong, i am half cuban, half honduran and i tend to be the type that agrees with a statement like this (of course, this makes me a sellout to the rest of them).

see, the one problem with people coming into this country is that they think they'll be rich the minute they get off the boat/raft/uhaul/plane, and when they realize hat they have to work as hard as the next peron to survive, they get disappointed and make it seem that this country is worse than where they came from.

Billy Milano! I like that dude, seeing guys that are so non-PC in a country like US is a relief. Oh, and count Peter Steele in too. Check out the lyrics for "I Like Goils" and see for yourself...