This RULES, but they say it BLOWS?!

Unicorn's Ever Since and Emotional Wasteland

Totally gay, sappy neo-prog made by a bunch of awkward teenagers, but I love it. spikes_77 agrees with me!

here here :kickass: cant wait for second sky :heh:

As for an album mmm i'm grasping here..

katatonia - last fair deal gone down

Maudlin of the well - bath/lybm - Seems to get alot of shit on this board for some reason (demonspell is the only person i can even recall thats said something positive?):err: Bath and leaving your body map are two of my favorite albums evurrr

Ya know, I used to LOVE that post-BMD Katatonia stuff like 4 years ago, but now I cannot stomach it whatsoever. His vocals and the self-pity bullshit send me over the edge and make me wanna scream out "STFU AND GET OVER IT OR JUST OFF YOURSELF!!" I think its his voice too.

I still enjoy their Jeff Buckley cover though.

ReInKaos obviously.

Why don't you people like this album? It quite simply rocks; brimful of solos, awesome melodies, cool lyrics (yes, the lyrics are cool), masterfully crafted songs and heaps of head banging value.

I'd even go so far as to say that this is a worthy follow-up to SotLB. It is obviously extremly different, but judged on its own merits and not musically compared to that earlier album which is in an other genre entirely, it's damned good. Basing your opinion of Reinkaos on how much it differs from SotLB, which many (allthough not this forum in particular) seem to do, is so annoying it makes me want to... well, scream a lot, or something to that effect.

ReInKaos obviously.

Why don't you people like this album? It quite simply rocks; brimful of solos, awesome melodies, cool lyrics (yes, the lyrics are cool), masterfully crafted songs and heaps of head banging value.

I'd even go so far as to say that this is a worthy follow-up to SotLB. It is obviously extremly different, but judged on its own merits and not musically compared to that earlier album which is in an other genre entirely, it's damned good. Basing your opinion of Reinkaos on how much it differs from SotLB, which many (allthough not this forum in particular) seem to do, is so annoying it makes me want to... well, scream a lot, or something to that effect.

I am probably the only person who agrees with you around here.

Dark Tranquillity - Haven

Their best since The Gallery, and put the band back on track from their Depeche Mode gone death metal mishap, by penning a great collection of songs.

I agree with Reinkaos, in that it's not quite as bad as people make out. (I think most of the disdain is a knee-jerk reaction to be honest.) That said, it's not a masterpiece by any stretch or certainly not in the same league as Somberlain or Storm.

here here :kickass: cant wait for second sky :heh:

Me too. Never actually heard the Unicorn stuff though...

katatonia - last fair deal gone down

Their best record by about a million miles.

Maudlin of the well - bath/lybm

They were my #1 albums in whatever year they were released. Brilliant.

Sorry I wasn't here to support you earlier! Though my nomination for this thread may break our commonality:

Disillusion - Gloria

Best metal record released in the last couple years, though I seem to be the only one who noticed.

Neil