Thoughts on forums...

Charlie E.

Jan 2, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
You know I remember watching A Perfect Circle interview. They were talking about their website and their forums and how cool it was for them to interact with their early fans and how they would read their reviews of shows etc Basically it seemed like something the band enjoyed alot. Unfortunately later they talked about how it degenerated into a trash hole with idiots making stupid posts about other bands like Korn etc and how they no longer interact on their forums anymore due to that.

To me it seems the In Flames boards are degenerating into that. I guess it has a little to do with the amount of people posting and browsing there. More people means more chance of stupid posts? Of course I never really posted there in the early days so I don't know if IF ever interacted much with their posters in the first place, but I certainly can see why they wouldn't want to presently.

Basically I'm just rambling. I post on one of my bands forums and it never really occurred to me that I could be driven to the point of not wanting to have anything to do with my own forum. (tho there was a slight uncomfort during the sean malone flames era)

Well I guess this is just food for thought :) Let's keep this board free of junk so we don't drive away the Skyfire guys ;) Especially considering how cool they've been thus far.

P.S Jonas how about getting the other SF guys a little more involved? We'll be nice :rolleyes:

in the EARLY days i forget if they did, I think they didnt because people were posting as them so they stopped. Peter posted a few times while i was there.

Anyways, Skyfire will stay like this, because were that cool and this is the best forum on UM, especilay when I own every thread :D

As long as Skyfire doesnt start using heavy electronics with a ton of whiney clean vox, no worries of this turning into the In Flames forum, but there will be a revolt if Jonas doesnt get those blasted clips of rehearsal up!!!!!! :mad: :p

Damn In Flames board has had 15 threads about their new album. Does everybody that hears it have to make thier own damn thread about it. And every review is the same. Its either "No solos or melodies. Its Nu Metal" or "In Flames has come out with another masterpiece. Great work guys." This dont really tell me anything.

Originally posted by Charlie E.
P.S Jonas how about getting the other SF guys a little more involved? We'll be nice :rolleyes:
I tried to get Andreas to answer some thread yesterday, but he just refused. Dunno why, but I guess he's a coward :lol: (I'm dead when he reads this ;)). Martin is at his parents house over the summer so I guess that's why you never see him here. Henke has too much groupies around him all the time so he's too busy. And Jocke does nothing else than rehearse these days with his 4 (5?) bands. That leaves me, no life, no friends, no nothing ;). It might also have something to do with me working with a computer all day...

Ok F_V.... I'll upload some clips and photos tonight when I get home.... Even though we all look like a bunch of bums (except Henke, he's soooo cute... isn't he Erama? ;)) and I'm sure the other in the band will object like hell, but I don't care because I don't see any of them posting here (*cough*) :zombie:

Originally posted by stargazer

Henke has too much groupies around him all the time so he's too busy.
except Henke, he's soooo cute... isn't he Erama?

Yes, he certainly is! Gimme pics, gimme pics, gimme LOTS OF HENKE PICS!!! :p

OTHER GROUPIES??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :D
Hey, you were supposed to be a small band :p

:lol: :lol:

Awesome Jonas, well beat the hell out of Andreas for not interacting with his fans! THE BUM :mad: :lol: Your still the man, and you have all us friends that live many miles from you :D

Your here so you better get those clips up! :D

well i would guess the band members of the bigger forums here wouldnt want to post because then they might get like flooded with questions or crticisms or whatever. perhaps they feel its just for the fans. or maybe they get really pissed off when they see everyone badmouthing them an shit. who knows. a lot of them might not have computers/internet either.
-neal