Thoughts on Trump after his first couple weeks?

Can't say much about Trump, because I'm way more annoyed by how the media here in germany is going nuts about him than I am about himself.

Germany is fucked, from everything I'm seeing. Total separation of the upper class and the lower class, demonstrated in their views on immigration.

So far, I have mixed feelings about Trump, from an Australian perspective. I see hysteria surrounding his travel ban and very little level-headed talk. His choices have been all pretty bad, except for Mattis which is so good it almost makes up for everything else.

yeah, the "quality press" has become extremely manipulative over here. It´s even claiming to be "the only reliable source of information", while their news are regularly proven to give false or out-of-context information. You can´t trust anyone.
Trump is always shown as the grumpy old insane man. Not even once have I seen a favorable picture of him, or any positive news. Some party that´s responsible for "quality media" is obviously afraid of him or financial losses that he brings for them.

Silly thing is, more and more people are aware of this, yet still "quality media" keeps going.

Also, the separation mentioned above is far, far less awful than shown in the media. It´s been provoked for years by misinformation, "Divide and conquer"... but people refuse to fight each other and their neighbors

I don't watch media in the sense you're thinking, just on the ground level independent journalists, who are showing some things happening in Europe more generally.

I understand skepticism toward mainstream medias but systematically going the opposite direction when mainstream medias tell something is just as stupid as blindly believing everything they say.

People need to learn to cope with the fact that they don't know the truth.

Back on topic, I think trump is an entertaining lunatic but also a puppet and his administration is the same old establishment pulling the strings (aka military-industrial complex).

How does one systematically go the opposite direction of mainstream media? Sounds like you're talking bollocks.

What part do you don't understand? Let's say Putin is painted as a monster, doesn't mean he's a benevolent soul. I've seen this kind of reasoning way too many times lately.

I can understand both points. All of the mainstream media outlets have different political leanings and therefore you can't "systematically go the opposite way" of all of them. At the same time reporting from "on the ground level independent journalists" can't always be reliable as we have no way to verify the time frame they are from, the context of what is reported, etc.

That being said, I don't think Trump is anything America hasn't seen before. He's just more unorthodox about it.

I've come to the conclusion that It doesn't matter what Trump says or does. People are going to find fault with it and call him a Nazi anyways. I'm surrounded by grown overemotional children. It's like some sort of viral social mental illness, if such a thing were possible. I always knew the general public was inclined to be somewhat Borg like, but this is ridicules.

Reactions: jauernis
I've come to the conclusion that It doesn't matter what Trump says or does. People are going to find fault with it and call him a Nazi anyways. I'm surrounded by grown overemotional children. It's like some sort of viral social mental illness, if such a thing were possible. I always knew the general public was inclined to be somewhat Borg like, but this is ridicules.

Yep, that pretty much sums up my thoughts, too. I try to avoid 'news' and 'social' media posts about trump wherever I can because it just raises my blood pressure to realize peoples stupidity.

On one hand Trump comes off as a man child. On the other hand the media is going out of it's way to discredit themselves (CNN has made Fox news look fucking sane, how nuts is that shit?)

On one hand I look at the UK and Germany and how many of the citizens of those countries want the Burka banned but on the other hand not all muslims are violent (although they all have stupid ideas and their religion is just as stupid as any other).

On one hand Devros isn't a good pic, on the other hand the public education system is full of shitty policy.

On one hand Trump said he would continue to enforce the LGBT anti discrimination order that Obama enacted... there is no other hand, why the fuck are people afraid of him attacking this group of people? Fucking stupid.

On one hand Milo is an obnoxious cunt, on the other hand hur dur lets shut down his talk so instead of talking to a few thousand he gets to talk to the whole nation. Brilliant dumb ass.

On one hand Trump is a liar, on the other hand he is still a fucking liar.

Just today someone on facebook was whining about it costing taxpayers $400,000 a day to guard Trump at his tower. It cost taxpayers 1,300,000,00 dollars a year to guard Obama and his family and we are complaining about $146,000,000?

People are hoping he fails because they have invested so much into their shitty fucking worldviews that they can't understand that people might not agree with them. To the point where they will pepper spray you in the face after giving an interview wearing a MAGA hat.

Rage off/

Reactions: SocialNumb and CiG
I'm not bringing anything to the discussion as I personally don't know much about him and the american politic realm to be honest so I don't have any serious opinion but I see that the debate is turning totally hysterical and the french mainstream medias are systematically bashing Trump. All of them. All the time. It's ridiculous actually! It's ridiculous because medias are there to inform not to deliver opinions. Ok ok I know I'm pretty naive but it's for a purpose...

And what I see around me or on the social medias is that the absolute majority of french people that are talking about him (in both good and bad ways) don't know shit about the subject so it's pretty sterile at the end. I'd be interested by the opinions of the american dudes here and how you US guys feel about the situation.

I'm not bringing anything to the discussion as I personally don't know much about him and the american politic realm to be honest so I don't have any serious opinion but I see that the debate is turning totally hysterical and the french mainstream medias are systematically bashing Trump. All of them. All the time. It's ridiculous actually! It's ridiculous because medias are there to inform not to deliver opinions. Ok ok I know I'm pretty naive but it's for a purpose...

And what I see around me or on the social medias is that the absolute majority of french people that are talking about him (in both good and bad ways) don't know shit about the subject so it's pretty sterile at the end. I'd be interested by the opinions of the american dudes here and how you US guys feel about the situation.

Totally my thought, but it also seems to me that most people don't hate/love him and just share the same skepticism as us.