Thoughts on Trump after his first couple weeks?

AD Chaos
I watched the election since the beginning too, I mean it was incredibly difficult to escape it. Now a month in and he's still bitching about the election, lying about the electoral college and voter fraud, trying to make himself feel better about losing the popular vote by like 3 million. Then we have all the crazy lies told about the election and other shit like the highest murder rate in 47 years. Even in Georgia the majority of the people I know weren't optimistic, they we're just happy Hilary didn't win.

Hey if you meant I was being an asshole to you I apologize. I wasn't trying to be an asshole to anyone on here.

CASSETTEISGOD

I don't think the SPA was strong enough to start with, but I definitely think it was a step in the right direction. Like the ACA if they repeal and don't replace it with something better then we're just heading backwards again. Trump's big thing was cutting regulations I really don't see him improving environmental regulations. I mean he literally just got rid of the first small step forward in years. I do hope I am wrong though. I think he is right about TPP and NAFTA, but I think he is batshit fucking crazy about most other things.

Last edited:
He only got rid of it because it was Obama's. His supporters expect him to dismantle a lot of Obama's legacy, for better or worse.

Yeah I agree 100%. Obama disappointed the shit out of me though, both terms. I mean the SPA wasn't signed until right before Trump came into office, same thing with the DAPL.

Reactions: CiG
Since I've been alive and able to observe American politics, I haven't seen one single president I've liked, more than a little bit. Obama and Trump have certain things about them I liked, but policy-wise they suck balls. Bush too.

This was a "fun" video to watch, some insight into what kind of person Trump is.

The video I posted is not just a person presenting his biased opinion, it has some facts to back it up. Yes, it's a comedy show (in part) but I don't see why it should be any less reliable than other stuff posted here from "serious" "unbiased" sources. If something was misrepresented feel free to point it out. But whatever, getting into a "my sources are more reliable than yours" argument is pointless, if you've formed the opinion that Trump is a cool stand up guy no one is going to change your mind.

Last edited:
I didn't even watch the Milo video. I literally have no idea what he says in it. I'm sure it's shit.

I believe comedians should be taken for what they are, comedians.

I hold John Oliver in the same regard as I do any other entertainer. Everything they say is for entertainment value and seeing it as anything more is silly.

Lmao dude, citing a liberal comedy sketch as your political opinion.

What is laughable is that just because you're quoting "non-comedic" sources, you think they're any more reliable. Also, I'm not expressing a political opinion, I don't know shit about politics, just my opinion of Trump as a person.

And btw, it's not a comedy sketch. It has a comedic tone but it still presents some valid points with proof. Feel free to shrug it off as "silly" if it's more convenient for you. Definitely not as "serious" as fox news.

I believe comedians should be taken for what they are, comedians.
I hold John Oliver in the same regard as I do any other entertainer. Everything they say is for entertainment value and seeing it as anything more is silly.

No, comedians are humans and I judge them on individual basis. I don't see why their opinion should be any less valid and dismissed off hand compared to other people in the media or a random dude on a forum.

It's like saying that because someone is a journalist we should take his opinion more seriously....yeah right.

Last edited:
HAHA Holy fuck lets argue about who brought the message rather than the validity of the statement. This reminds me of all those Youtube comments when some just has to argue, but they don't have an argument so they argue over a misspelled word or missed punctuation. I don't believe someone needs to hold a specific occupation for their voice to matter or be correct.

Personally I hold George Carlin in a much higher regard then I do people like Tucker Carlson, Bill O'Riley, Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Cenk, Joe Scarborough, etc. If George Carlin were around I'd love to hear what he had to say about our fucked up world. And you do realize Trump is an entertainer too right? I guess that explains the past month of his almost daily televised lies.

Why not argue the point that you support or disagree with instead of arguing about the video's origin. I mean even the king retard Alex Jones is occasionally right, but a broken clock is right twice a day.

Btw, did that comedian ever write Trump that check, as he pledged? I bet he didn’t.
Strawman question, but since we're heading that way did Trump ever pay all those workers that he ripped off? What would piss you off more a comedian that lied or a president that refused to pay workers for work they finished?

Reactions: ~BURNY~
How late night shows work:

Hey look at how this motherfucking conservative got fucking wrecked!

<Shows clip, clip has zero responses from the conservative who got wrecked, just some guy saying "that's a lie" over and over again in jump cuts.>

Leftists everywhere "Oh my God these guys are so fucking smart because everything they say confirms my bias!"

Shit maybe I should post some Alex Jones because by this measure he has just as much credit (I'm not going to, holy shit is that guy a fucking loon).

Reactions: jauernis
I don't know shit about politics, just my opinion of Trump as a person.
Your opinion of Trump ''as a person'' is irrelevant, since the discussion is about Trump as president. Sorry for being blunt, but being ignorant of the topic is not an excuse.

A voter is supposed to judge a politician based namely on two things: His platform (ideas/promises/plans) and, once in office, the effectiveness and honesty in the execution of said platform (ie, is the politician doing what he promised the voters on the campaign trail or not). Based on those two parameters, Trump seems to be doing a good job so far.

(eventually you can also judge the results of an administration, but that gets rather subjective sometimes, because of a number of things).

Not liking/understanding the way Trump speaks/persuades, not finding him palatable to your personal taste, not liking his hair, his lack of a vagina or certain skin color, etc are not political arguments.

It's not some reality show or a popularity contest, you know. (though sadly, for a bunch of people who actually vote, especially young people, it is).

comedians are humans and I judge them on individual basis. I don't see why their opinion should be any less valid and dismissed off hand compared to other people in the media
I agree with you on this.
I value an opinion for its perceived validity and for how much sense it makes, regardless of who's coming from.

With that said, I posted a video with an analysis based on statistics and numbers.
You posted a comedic sketch, dude. Some leftist comedian trying to ridicule and mock Trump and his voters by having a condescending/patronizing attitude (that's what the left does), not criticizing him on policy or making much of a serious point.

Last edited:
Your opinion of Trump ''as a person'' is irrelevant, since the discussion is about Trump as president. Sorry for being blunt, but being ignorant of the topic is not an excuse.

A voter is supposed to judge a politician based namely on two things: His platform (ideas/promises/plans) and, once in office, the effectiveness and honesty in the execution of said platform (ie, is the politician doing what he promised the voters on the campaign trail or not). Based on those two parameters, Trump seems to be doing a good job so far.

(eventually you can also judge the results of an administration, but that gets rather subjective sometimes, because of a number of things).

Not liking/understanding the way Trump speaks/persuades, not finding him palatable to your personal taste, not liking his hair, his lack of a vagina or certain skin color, etc are not political arguments.

It's not some reality show or a popularity contest, you know. (though sadly, for a bunch of people who actually vote, especially young people, it is).

How Trump is as a person certainly has an impact on the way he leads your country. If you think it's irrelevant then you're naive. However, like I said, I wasn't making any political arguments. The immigrant/muslim comments I made where from a human standpoint not a political and were in response to some of the things said in this thread.

Election is not a popularity contest? I guess you are naive.

I like how you sneaked in there the "not understanding" how Trump speaks, that was funny.

With that said, I posted a video with an analysis based on statistics and numbers.
You posted a comedic sketch, dude. Some leftist comedian trying to ridicule and mock Trump and his voters by having a condescending/patronizing attitude (that's what the left does), not criticizing him on policy or making much of a serious point.

Yeah, you're still focusing on the tone and not on the content. I'm sure you can find the same information in a video by a serious respectable-looking dude in a tie, if it helps.

As far as condesending/patronizing being what the the left does...I guess you missed the video a few posts above about Sweden.