Thoughts on Trump after his first couple weeks?

Your opinion of Trump ''as a person'' is irrelevant, since the discussion is about Trump as president. Sorry for being blunt, but being ignorant of the topic is not an excuse.

A voter is supposed to judge a politician based namely on two things: His platform (ideas/promises/plans) and, once in office, the effectiveness and honesty in the execution of said platform (ie, is the politician doing what he promised the voters on the campaign trail or not). Based on those two parameters, Trump seems to be doing a good job so far.

Funny... I really don't think that's how to world goes around.

Based solely on your statement, that means you would vote for "anybody", as long as you buy their platform? Redo the recent US elections, but put the Trump platform in the hands of an incestuous father... you vote for him?

Kind of an extreme example, but I say bullshit if you tell me that no matter what the person has done, what the person is, as long as you "buy their platform", you'll vote for them.

I bet you that Hilary would have had the platform of Trump during the campaign, you would not have voted for her. Just because of who she is to you.

Based solely on your statement, that means you would vote for "anybody", as long as you buy their platform? Redo the recent US elections, but put the Trump platform in the hands of an incestuous father... you vote for him?

Kind of an extreme example, but I say bullshit if you tell me that no matter what the person has done, what the person is, as long as you "buy their platform", you'll vote for them.

Ah come on, I'm pretty sure you both understand my point well by now. You (should) vote for a politician based first and foremost on what you think he/she can actually do to improve your country, the economy for the middle class, jobs, security, healthcare, etc. And whether you think they are going to stick to their promises or not (that one has to do with how credible they appear in public/their public persona, but that's always kind of a gamble).

You're not supposed to vote for a politician based primarily on whether or not they make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, or if you think they're charismatic, cool, attractive, if their humor or attitude is PC, etc.
Those are nice traits, sure, but are not supposed to be the things you consider most important when voting for a politician.

I have an issue with the new healthcare bill.

The problem is it's just as shitty as the old healthcare bill. It was written by insurance companies just like the current healthcare bill.

I wish the government would stop "fixing" shit already.

I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to pull what those fuck Democrats did and "hur dur gotta pass it to see what's in it" because they know like the first one it's a titanic piece of shit that they don't want the American people reading or knowing about.

I agree.

The AHCA in its current form is typical political bullshit. Its a $600 Billion tax cut for the rich. They didn't fix the problem with the Individual Mandate, they just renamed it and gave it a little bow. Less coverage is not the same thing as making insurance cheaper. Trump totally dropped the ball on this promise and the AHCA is just deepthroating the rich.

Now Trump has nominated Gottlieb to head the FDA. Can't wait for those regulations to get slashed vetting new drugs, among other things. I guess his nomination is no surprise seeing as how Donald Trump himself thinks asbestos is safe and the anti-asbestos movement was started by the mob. If anybody thinks this shit is or ever was about over-reaching regulations, they deserve a lobotomy.

Last edited:
Oh yeah the Travel Ban is total political theater. I don't think it comes as a surprise that Saudi Arabia isn't included in the ban because Trump has businesses there. He runs his mouth about keeping Americans safe, but it seems to go completely over his head that you are MUCH more likely to be killed by a police officer in the USA than a terrorist.

On a side note, holy fuck WTF is up with all these triggered little morons bitching online about that new Snoop Dogg video and calling for him to be arrested?

I don't think it comes as a surprise that Saudi Arabia isn't included in the ban because Trump has businesses there. H

This is one of the single dumbest, most politically uneducated criticisms I've seen this cycle. Why on Earth would Trump have business in failed states? It's just a coincidence that he has business ties with the stable regions. Use your damn brain.

:lol:

MUCH more likely to be killed by a police officer in the USA than a terrorist.

What a cringeworthy point to make.

The radical right wing is just as bad as the radical left wing when it comes to the first amendment. The difference is one gets a mainstream platform.

I agree with the first part, but don't you think Fox could be considered radical right if you are presumably considering CNN an/or MSNBC radical left? All the religious ideologues?

This is one of the single dumbest, most politically uneducated criticisms I've seen this cycle. Why on Earth would Trump have business in failed states? It's just a coincidence that he has business ties with the stable regions. Use your damn brain.

:lol:

What a cringeworthy point to make.

Just do a quick Google search my friend, you might not consider the Hill or the Washington Post credible, but keep in mind you used Prison Planet to justify a previous statement. Bro, that's an Alex Jones station, look that up too.

Just do a quick Google search my friend, you might not consider the Hill or the Washington Post credible, but keep in mind you used Prison Planet to justify a previous statement. Bro, that's an Alex Jones station, look that up too.

I don't care where the article is from, as long as the sources within are verifiable.

What am I supposed to be Google searching? That it's dumb to expect Trump to also have business ties in failed states? Who the fuck would do business in a failed state?

I agree with the first part, but don't you think Fox could be considered radical right if you are presumably considering CNN an/or MSNBC radical left? All the religious ideologues?

FOX is one single example, the rest of the lamestream media is left-wing.

A moronic businessman, I mean are you aware of how many businesses linked to Trump filed for bankruptcy? Sounds about right. He registered 8 during the campaign alone.

Verified sources? Paul Joseph Watson? Kinda doubt it.

Its extremely simple to prove me wrong about terrorists and police, look it up. Hell a cop killed a kid right down the street from me because he answered the door with a WII remote and the cop received no punishment and is obviously still on the job. The kid was holding it like a television remote, not a gun. Shit likes this happens all the time. And before you start arguing anecdotal evidence, anecdotal evidence, look it up. Its statistical fact.

I don't care it's irrelevant to your point that Trump having business in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia is somehow suspicious. Those are the main places most people who have business in Muslim majority nations have. Do you expect him to have business in Somalia?

Never mind that Hillary accepted huge donations from the Saudis.

Yes, being more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist is no shock to me, but that's not why it was a cringeworthy point.

Yeah you have 1 thing that could be the opposite of what I'm talking about. That's just it though, you have 1 (talking mainstream acceptance, not the alex jones bullshit types) to pretty much every single other source of mainstream media.

But the thing is I actually LIKE that the media is treating the president this way. They should have done it when Obama was in office instead of gobbling on his cock for 8 fucking years. Maybe they could have kept the expansion of power down a bit so we don't have to deal with Trump utilising it for at least 4.

Reactions: CiG
A moronic businessman, I mean are you aware of how many businesses linked to Trump filed for bankruptcy? Sounds about right. He registered 8 during the campaign alone.

TBH I don't hold this against him. Ask any successful person how many failures they have had and I promise it will be more than a few.

No the biggest reason Trump and Clinton didn't get my vote is because in my eyes they both hold the constitution in the same regard (on the level of ass wipe paper).

I don't care it's irrelevant to your point that Trump having business in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia is somehow suspicious. Those are the main places most people who have business in Muslim majority nations have. Do you expect him to have business in Somalia?

Never mind that Hillary accepted huge donations from the Saudis.

Yes, being more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist is no shock to me, but that's not why it was a cringeworthy point.

Actually its extremely relevant because we're talking about Islamic terrorism is the USA. cough9-11cough Yeah before you go on about that wasn't ISIS, its kind of irrelevant because there hasn't been an Islamic Terrorist attack that is even close to the same magnitude as 9-11.

What I meant about police is that is a bigger danger, we need police reform. Have you ever interacted with police over here? American safety.... That was my point, did I misunderstand you?

Yeah you have 1 thing that could be the opposite of what I'm talking about. That's just it though, you have 1 (talking mainstream acceptance, not the alex jones bullshit types) to pretty much every single other source of mainstream media.

Bro I honestly don't know what you mean by this exactly.

Oh I agree fuck both of the Clintons, I hate her but I hate Trump too.

What I meant about police is that is a bigger danger, we need police reform. Have you ever interacted with police over here? American safety.... That was my point, did I misunderstand you?

Why not both? The big difference with police is that it's more often death caused by incompetence rather than maliciousness. Terrorists intend to murder huge swathes of people, children included.

The Pulse nightclub massacre was what, like the second largest massacre?

I noticed you didn't reply to my point about business connections. You do also realise the list Trump used was created by the Obama government?

I'm not saying you shouldn't address both, in fact I'm kind of saying just the opposite. I'm in no way arguing that police start their shift with the intent to kill people, but they are way too fucking trigger happy. They kill at a much higher rate, don't have to travel, somehow get into the US, illegally acquire a gun or build/acquire xyz weapon....... Plus, by law, you must comply with their orders or face legal imprisonment, possibly worse. On top of that, the mass majority of police officers are never held accountable when they do overreact and kill innocent people.

Instead of addressing this problem, Trump has given the police even more power. He's also given them an Attorney General that has no fucking clue what he's doing, so expect to see that problem spin out of control. Have you heard any of the plans Sessions has? My point is Trump goes on and on about American security, but fails to address the bigger problems.

Sorry I didn't address the part about business ties but it was a contradiction, followed by a straw man question, that was followed by a completely irrelevant point. I didn't figure that was the key part of your argument because in 16 minutes you contradicted yourself or completely changed your mind. Originally you said it was a failed state, who would do business there? 16 minutes later you said "Those are the main places most people who have business in Muslim majority nations have." Does business not equal success when you attach the word main to it? If you pick one I'd be glad to respond. The part that makes the last statement irrelevant is Clinton lost.

I think the Obama ban was moronic too, but even then it was only a ban on refugees. It was also never fully implemented, there was a huge drop, but not a full ban. Not saying I necessarily believe it but, according to the Obama administration, his ban was a response to a supposed threat. Trump's is a response to fear mongering.

Bro I'm gonna round up, but 50 people were killed in one and 3,000 in another. If you are addressing a problem that encompasses them both , I argue that its moronic not to include the country that funded or at least had a huge hand in helping commit the largest Islamic terrorist attack against the United States. Either that's a coincidence, this entire thing is political theater, he's a moron, or he's hiding behind Obama. Wasn't his big line that Obama wasn't tough on ISIS?