Thrash!

Drum-wise I can agree, but same can be said for a lot of Metallica and Testament songs.

yeah, i'm willing to accept venom aren't necessarily fully-fledged thrash - a lot of their stuff really is just dirty NWOBHM - but they straddle the line just as often as some of the other stuff people include in the '82-'83 period. nearly everything from that era has a trad baseline and isn't consistently thrashy in the 1986 sense. they'd also probably be worth including just as 'proto-thrash' either way 'cause they clearly influenced the genre more than many of the bands you listed.

Thrash sucks balls this year. I listened to several new bands tonight, but Malevolent Force is still my favorite of 2015 so far. A lot of good bands have music in development at the same time, it's looking like the 2nd half of the year is when things will pick up. Or 2016.

Exarsis takes runner up for the 1st quarter of 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Hydra Vein is ok, especially the eponymous track on the first album. The sound could be thicker though, that would help.

April 2015:

Droid (mid-paced, Voivod like)

Atomik Destruktor (decent but a bit generic)

Stormride (blackened)

Black Talon (new wave of thrash sound, decent guitar solos, vocalist isn't great)

Alcoholator (not bad, just needs a couple editing changes imo, solid sound)

Entera (legos!)

Red Death (crossover)

Anihilated

Velociter

April was a better month than Jan-March imo.

Droid and Atomik Destruktor where my favorites, will definitely have to check those bands out.

Stormride - only listened to the first track, not really feeling it .. i dig the old school Max Cavalera vox though.

Black Talon - meh

Alcoholator - meh, never really liked this band. And even though this track was better than what i remember hearing from them few years ago, still didnt really cahnge my opinion on the band.

Enters - sucked balls

Red Death - I like. Another band that i'm going to have to check out.

Annihilated - not bad

Velociter - again, not bad ... but wasnt really feeling the vox though.

Droid - my favourite.

Atomik Destruktor - I liked it, but after a second listen I find it a bit too generic too, and the riffs are too bland.

Stormride - mix of genres, I don't like it, production is bad(black metal-ish) too.

Black Talon - it wasn't really good, but I have the kind of Fueled by Fire/Razormaze feeling, I feel they have some potential.

That Alcoholator track was the definition of "generic".

Entera was boring, the most interesting thing was one lego minigiure that looked just like my friend. I hated the bass, it was distracting and the video was embarassing too.

Red Death - decent, but nothing groundbreaking, but there's not much to invent in crossover.

Annihilated video is down, but I watched the preview and the vocals are ruining it for me.

Velociter is okay, but generic aswell.

New Nuclear Assault, but eh..

New Villainizer is a bit better

Humungus. I just found this and kinda dig these guys. High pitched clean vocals, fun energy.

Final Fright. Not bad, unsure about the singer