Thrash!

Guys, I need some directions in my thrash life. I'd love to get into Overkill, but I remember listening to The Years of Decay which I found overlong, generic, and disinteresting (save the Elimination song) back in the day. What album should I begin my journey with?

Guys, I need some directions in my thrash life. I'd love to get into Overkill, but I remember listening to The Years of Decay which I found overlong, generic, and disinteresting (save the Elimination song) back in the day. What album should I begin my journey with?
yeah Horrorscope is a great choice. Also if you wanna just jump into their more modern stuff start with Ironbound

Reactions: Slammed and EspaDa
Thanks for the recs. How about their debut, Feel the Fire? I remember enjoying that one. Also, what's wrong with their mid-career albums? I heard many people claim that they suck ass.

Feel The Fire and Taking Over are good albums. Overkill are a band that has been fairly consistent over the years, they don't change that much but I don't tend to listen to much between WFO and Killbox, were as the other albums get regular spins from time to time. The latest is not ground breaking either but there is some reasonable songs on it.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Also, what's wrong with their mid-career albums? I heard many people claim that they suck ass.

I think some people claim that there was more of a groove feel than thrash, but I could be wrong. I just don't seem to go for those albums when I get the urge to listen to Overkill.

Thanks for the recs. How about their debut, Feel the Fire? I remember enjoying that one. Also, what's wrong with their mid-career albums? I heard many people claim that they suck ass.
Have you listened to Taking Over? That's their best album imo.

yeah their mid to late 90s stuff was a bit generic and groovy and nothing(for the most part) offensive tbh. nowhere near as good as stuff likeTestament's The Gathering but still better than what a lot of other guys were doing

Reactions: Slammed

Can't remember if I shared before, and it's definitely not class thrash, but some of the songs on this album just kick my fuckin ass and it's on a thrash channel.

RadicalThrasher (I think it was) and I were talking about INC the other day. That album is probably on a par with their 80's releases but neither Heaven Sent....Hellbound or Black Hearse Serenade are as good.

As much as I want to see it after 28 years, the last 5 of which have had the hype wagon in overdrive, I'll believe DA have an album when it finally arrives. Even Gene's stopped promising the album, he's currently in the studio with Testament and is back out on tour in May/June.

As much as I want to see it after 28 years, the last 5 of which have had the hype wagon in overdrive, I'll believe DA have an album when it finally arrives. Even Gene's stopped promising the album, he's currently in the studio with Testament and is back out on tour in May/June.
yeah i hear you. But wasnt he the one tha said wede get it by 2019-2020?

A lot of other news in that article. Looks like we might be getting new Coroner, DRI, Protector and Exhorder albums by the end of next year.

Reactions: Slammed
TBH I have lost track of what Gene says about DA. He's definitely the spokesperson, I believe his wife runs the DA facebook page and about 18 months ago Gene announced on that page that he was quitting DA. But then somewhere between the Slayer tour starting and Gene getting the role of video producer for Slayer he started talking about the album again. He's official removed himself form the new Zimmers Hole and he's current working on the new Testament and according to Gene, Alex and Co they hope to have the album out before the round of summer tours. But that leaves so little time for DA. I also believe two out of three of the remaining members have current gigs with other bands. So who knows what the deal is.

Yeah I'm excited for a few of the bands mentioned. I'm hoping both DRI and Exhorder can create something as good as their older stuff. Atrophy are another I'm waiting for. They released a snippet of recording a few months back but haven't released any news since.

giphy.gif
that's what i imagined reading your post, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG and Sirjack
Haha yeah man, new Coroner? that's fucking awesome
Apart from that worshipmetal site, where do you guys find info for new releases?
Apart from here and the 2018/19 threads l visit fuck-all metal sites. l know of blabbermouth but its kinda shitty