Tight bass *without* a Tube Screamer

I've gotten some decent tonez with a powerball. Maybe some people haven't approached it the way they should. It's definitely not my go-to amp though.

Seconded :zombie: tons of bands around here use 5150s live. It's really hard to make one sound bad!!!

All shows I've heard with a 5150 had nothing but BZZZZZZZZZZUUUSCHHHHHHHHE *chug chug* BZZZZZZZZZZSRRRRRRRRR treble :puke: And you could barely define what the player was playing. And there's been 10 different venues I've heard it in.

As for the Recto, it's much the same as the 5150, except slightly thinner in the low mids. Always makes me wonder how the hell did they manage that? :loco: Or it's a nation-wide conspiracy in the live mixing community :lol:

All shows I've heard with a 5150 had nothing but BZZZZZZZZZZUUUSCHHHHHHHHE *chug chug* BZZZZZZZZZZSRRRRRRRRR treble :puke: And you could barely define what the player was playing. And there's been 10 different venues I've heard it in.

As for the Recto, it's much the same as the 5150, except slightly thinner in the low mids. Always makes me wonder how the hell did they manage that? :loco: Or it's a nation-wide conspiracy in the live mixing community :lol:

I've seen In Flames play live several times and their 5150's always sounded warm and fat, never harsh or buzz-sawish. Hell, MY 5150 doesn't sound harsh either, not sure what bands you watched but it may have had to do with the way the set their amps.