Today I bought...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
A guitar.

An Ibanez, to be more precise. A blue one. One of them amp & guitar pack things which includes with three picks (the guy threw in a couple of others cos he wasn't sure if there were any included), a lead, a strap, a tuner thing, an instructional video from Danger Danger's Andy Timmons, and a cleaning cloth.

Also bought a Kiss tab book which, upon closer inspection, has very little tab thingamies in there so it's largely of little use to me at the moment. But it only cost $46.95 so I guess it doesn't matter much.

And I got a stand, too. All up, it cost $666.95. Ooh, almost spooky.

Because the tab book isn't a tab book, there's nothing for me to play, so at the moment I'm just strumming tunelessly. I'm afraid to watch the video because I fear I'll just throw it all in and cry into my pillow over the money I wasted. So I'll just continue strumming tunelessly until I get a proper tab book, or a magazine (got a guitar magazine the other day but I only know one of the songs, For Whom the Bell Tolls).

Rock on.

Oh, I also bought a crispy strip combo from KFC.

You know the only thing I liked about the KFC I went to on George St in Sydney? The straws, spoons and paper towel-things came in a wee plastic bag. Very hygienic, unlike in Qld.

A lot of Kiss songs are pretty easy Spiffy, especially the slower stuff like She, Deuce and Cold Gin.

On a couple of songs. I think. Definitely not on all of them, unless it's written really small in a place I wouldn't normally look.

As long as you know all about virtuosos...and trembalos...and arpeggios...youll be fine.

And just learn your basic rhythm guitar like...jug jiggity jug jiggity jug jiggity jug jiggity JAH JAH...

And learn some pretty hot licks too...like the ones all up on the tiny strings...and you mash your fingers on em...like...meedly meedly meedly meedly meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

great stuff Spiffo great stuff

on guitar mags:

DONT GET "GUITAR WORLD"!! ITS A PIECE OF GIMMICKY SHIT!!!
the good mags are:
Guitar One
Australian Guitar
and thats all that comes to mind

also steer clear of Total Guitar like GW its filled with gimmicks and not much stuff to play or learn from, overall Guitar One is the best, as its packed with lessons and riffs, GW is only good if u wanna read articles on bands.