Tommy: Kamelot's videos 'Sacrimony' and 'My Confession' both on page 3)

Tommy's first official show with Kamelot will be tonight!!
The place to be to witness this event: the 'Masters of Rock Festival' in the Czech Republic.

All the best of luck, Tommy!!
:kickass:

Really cant wait for the possible videos from Czech! One of my good friends and collagues did saw this and send me an sms last nite saying: "Tommy and Kamelot. Total win! Little issues but a great combination. Full stage show too. Awsome!" :Spin:

Finally some videos from the first two Festivals Kamelot played at!

This is "Karma" from the 'Bang Your Head'-Festival in Germany:

* Removed from YouTube *

(And again) "Sacrimony", the new song, which of course was also played at BYH:

* Removed from YouTube *

From the 'Masters Of Rock'-Festival, here's 'Forever':

Edit: only 'Forever' still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://rocklivebg.com/web/component...interview-with-oliver-palotai-from-kamelot-en

Interview reveals new album title and release date, gives some info about the album and Tommy's involvement.

Makes me look forward to this more than I'd have thought possible to look forward to a Kamelot album before. I'd still rather not see anything that would slow down Seventh Wonder but Kamelot delivering an album back at The Black Halo quality with Tommy singing and writing most of the vocal melodies could be great.

I realized I haven't posted anything here... well at least not since seeing Tommy sing with Kamelot two weeks ago at the Bang Your Head!!! Festival.

I guess I should not deny that I had been very nervous - not because I doubted in his singing talent... but you know - first time, so much can go wrong, what will the audience say? Well, it had been an amazing experience. He fits in great and the show was a full success, I've been talking with people afterwards and everyone was hugely impressed. Which made me extremely happy of course. :) Hard to believe this was just the second concert...

There are lots more good videos on youtube, I hope you don't mind if I add a few more to the above:

Bang Your Head!!! Festival - Center Of The Universe

Kavarna Rock Fest - Season's End

Kavarna Rock Fest - The Human Stain

Last edited by a moderator:
Great read and great news!
Thanks for posting and letting us know what "the word on the street is".
I know Tommy is enjoying himself immensley and he is very pleased with the reception he has been given, that surpassed his expectations.
Good stuff!

^ He surpassed OUR expectations too. :lol: After over a year of banging our heads against a wall going crazy wondering who they'd choose, I don't think any of us thought we'd be lucky enough to get someone as great as Tommy, and the fact that he's still with SW just makes it perfect. Happy days and happy fans - drinks all around! :kickass:

Well, I am watching the net pretty closely. Haha! From that I can say, that the reception has been very positive so far. Of course there are plenty of people who are not able to let go of the past and I fear many of them will not be able to adjust, but I'm very much blown away from the overall excitement and acceptance everywhere.

So yeah - BaraHime's point of view stands for a lot of people. :D

My fellow Wonder-maniacs: I just listen a samplercombination taken from fortcoming Kamelot-album and I can say this: our beloved T-man have done a remarkable job with his vocallines! Very diverse, great performance! Tommy is the dude! :kickass:

^ That's great to hear! Not that I was doubting him (or the band) or anything, :lol: but still, it's nice to hear it's good from someone who's heard it.

The interview turned out so great! :worship:

The girl who runs Kamelot Sweden is a good friend of mine. She's huge Seventh Wonder fan too - she's actually the one who got me my edition of 'Aniara'. :loco:

Finally a long interview with lots of good questions. I hope many people will read it.

^ Yeah, it was a nice interview. Some odd questions thrown in to learn about Tommy the dude as well as the usual questions about Tommy the singer. :lol:

^ The full song Sacrimony is available on iTunes also. :D It kicks ass, as expected.

A few people seem to be saying, "oh he sounds too much like Khan" or "he doesn't sound like he does in Seventh Wonder" on youtube. I think honestly it's largely the music going on in the background that makes the difference most of these people think, I've heard Tommy hit all these notes before, just not to the symphonic power metal sound of Kamelot and not in the musical direction of Kamelot. It's still Kamelot, it just has a new voice behind the mic, I think that's what some people are forgetting. Personally I really like it.

Though of course I'd still slightly prefer to hear his voice on a new SW song :Spin:

^ It depends which notes he's hitting in terms of his similarity to Roy. Their colors definitely overlap for a bit, so if he's in that sweet spot Tommy really does sound a lot like him. That being said, Tommy sounds nothing like him outside that zone, so...

Personally, I'm very glad he can match Roy on the old songs so well, it keeps the old material just the way we all fell in love with it and allows him to step in without messing up the formula. The old stuff is intact and the new stuff is very much his own. So I couldn't be happier with Tomroy. ;) Though yeah, I'm dying to her the new SW stuff too. :lol: But then, I'm also dying to hear the rest of Silverthorn. I hope they play a few more of the new songs when they tour here. One week... Just... One... More... Week... Gah! I can't wait, perhaps I'll freeze myself like Cartman did when he couldn't wait for the wii. :lol: That worked out so well.

^ Well of course they do at times, its not like Kamelot invited a smooth Jazz singer to sing for them, why would they have brought Tommy on if they didnt think he could continue where Khan left off? Another part of it i guess is the lows, during the heavy verses he sings quite low, something Khan fans are used to hearing frequently but for SW Tommy didnt sing particularly deep as often (and hasnt as much since Waiting in the Wings)

I think some of these people who say this havent truly listened to alot of SW. What were you expecting, Alley Cat? Welcome to Mercy Falls? Those are among the most upbeat songs Seventh Wonder has!