Tomorrow I Leave For Finland

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
And I may not be returning to Canada anytime soon. What a journey this will be. I'm all packed and ready to go. By my side is the ring I will be using when I propose to my girlfriend on Christmas.

It is good I know a lot of history of Finland... I just need to learn more of the language. But what better way to learn a language than live in capital city and being forced to learn it or die!

hmpfh, i wanted to ask the girlfriend question ;)
have a blast over there and don't turn to alcoholism too fast. it's not as if you had a chance... :lol:
good luck with the language, pretty hard to learn, but you're right, if you're forced, i guess it won't take such a long time.

The Bringer said:
Yes, my girlfriend lives there. In Vantaa. She is going to the university of HKI and I am proposing to her on Christmas.

ill cross my finger that day for you, but you wont need it :D

Awesome dude, congratulations !!!!!!!

so how did it work anyways - you in canada, your girlfriend in vantaa? or did she recently move there?

She's lived in Finland her whole life (Except for a year in Slovakia and 2 months in Canada with me). We met online through a MSN User Search on Messenger in August 2004 and we've been talking ever since.

Talking to someone through messenger and e-mail is amazing. You can truly learn so much more about a person by letters than in real life discussions. You can actually take your time and respond the way you want. I've never met anyone like her in my life. The inspiration she gives me for my writing (I am working to be an author) has been unbelievable. She gives me the confidence that I can actually achieve my life-goals.

Hah well my grandma is from Ukraine and my grandpa is from Sweden. My name is Erik and I am tall with long blonde hair and blue eyes... I think I am suppose to be in Scandinavia, don't you think?

The Bringer said:
Talking to someone through messenger and e-mail is amazing. You can truly learn so much more about a person by letters than in real life discussions. You can actually take your time and respond the way you want.

Definetly. It's like the meeting of the minds.

The Bringer said:
My name is Erik and I am tall with long blonde hair and blue eyes... I think I am suppose to be in Scandinavia, don't you think?

Hah, yeah!

I am currently writing a Fantasy novel. It's based on a world I created that is set in a medieval time. I drew maps of the world and seperate cities in the world and I created an entire history for each race, city and region of the world.

Tomorrow I should have both chapters 5 and 6 complete and I can start outlining chapter 7. So far I have 30,000 words and this part of the story is about 1/4 done. (107 pages).

So I am on pace for 120,000ish words. 200 words a page = roughly 600 pages.