Tone-Clone #2 is up! How to get Evergrey guitar tone (Tutorial)

can't go wrong with the black album or clayman. Thanks a lot for these btw. That evergrey song and tone is badass.

Thanks guys. As for suggestions, bear in mind I've gotta be able to play it, and as you can hear I can barely play this fucking Evergrey track :p

As a big Evergrey fan I can say it´s almost identical, great job man. The intro is a bit messy, dont think it´s the right notes, also would sound better if you did use hammers ons and pulls off. But when drum enters, it´s correct.

Man I had so much ball-ache with that! Not the difficulty per se, but getting it to sound right! I'm usually really good at working things out by ear, but I couldn't do it, so I looked for tabs, and they were just absolute nonsense! :lol: I found one that was the closest and stuck with it, but it's still not right :(

The intro has 2 guitars but they arent playing the same shit, one plays 3rd of the root note I think. That´s why it´s not easy to pull it by ear. Anyways, I just picked that because I know very well their songs but anyway who cares? You did a great job nailing the tone.

I can suggest also something, As I Lay Dying - Nothing Left. Awesome tight tone.

Awesome piece! Re: suggestions...

I know Pelican is probably just a bunch of different layers of Triple Recs, but there's still something somewhat different about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yes, Evergrey ! Incredible job man, i really love the result, very close to the original. With ampsims i think you can't do better, it's perfect :)