Tone-Clone #2 is up! How to get Evergrey guitar tone (Tutorial)

Thanks guys and keep the suggestions coming!

Ones I'd like to do:

Fear Factory
Nevermore
King's X
Decapitated
Gojira

Thoughts?

Which era King's X? Honestly I'd love both Ty's early tone from Gretchen, or the much heavier Dogman tone - but Ty's early tone is still fantastic.

That's sick dude, very close, I actually prefer yours though. A lot of thrash bands seem to have a fair bit of room in their mic, or atleast the mic is pulled back quite quite far. Maybe its because they really have to dime the gain on a real Marshall to get enough of it, and 57s will always exaggerate the fizz to me hears. Especially at 0:48 on the original its got a kind of "wamp" sound when he hits the lowest note.

I'd love to hear Nevermore's Godless, my favourite sneap tone. Bloodthirst by Cannibal Corpose, they have never sounded heavier past and present until Richardson worked with them!

Thanks gentlemen.

Great band and a great sound you got there! Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what guitar and PU's did you use?

Oh I didn't write it in this one, actually! It's my Ibanez RG465M, which has a DiMarzio D'Activator in the bridge.

One of my favourite riffs of all time! But I'm already doing a Pantera one next, and even though the tones are drastically different, Dimebag's tones are so irregular it's nearly fucking impossible :lol:

I'm speechless!!! :O
So amazing sound!!!

Dimebag next, happy to see that!
My other suggestion was Blind guardian (mainly lead tone is my sweetroll).

Last edited by a moderator: