Tone competition 2 round 1

Which of these has your favorite guitar tone?

• A

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • AA

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • AZ

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • B

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • BB

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • BY

Votes: 62 55.4%
  • C

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey, cut these guys a break, they put all this work in to make this happen!

But I think we could handle two rounds at a time, and that might speed things up.

Thanks, a lot of people tend to forget it took a good 10-15 hours to get everything started and every round is another hour of checking and uploading.

I haven´t started the next round because I´m not home. Surprisingly, I somehow have a life so I can´t spend every waking hour at my computer.

This week I might be home for maybe 4 hours total, and I will spend a good deal of that uploading.

Next round starts friday

Ah, gotcha - when I got a new computer half way through college, I knew it had to be another laptop for that very reason!

Thanks, a lot of people tend to forget it took a good 10-15 hours to get everything started and every round is another hour of checking and uploading.

I haven´t started the next round because I´m not home. Surprisingly, I somehow have a life so I can´t spend every waking hour at my computer.

This week I might be home for maybe 4 hours total, and I will spend a good deal of that uploading.

Next round starts friday

Maybe somebody less busy should handle your job? :Smug:

Didn't mean offense, but realistically would it not have eased your workload if you made the deadline actually stick? Some of us labored to get the clips in before then in our own tight schedules to make things easier on you.

Anyway, that's all. Didn't mean to derail. Thanks for putting it all together.

How about we try to be patient instead ?

MarkG is spending a lot of time on this already, let's give him some more time. It's not like we paid for this. It's just a sharing thing. Let's be patient.

And about the clip submission deadline thing, as frustrating as it can be for those who almost made it but couldn't, there HAS to be a deadline, because then everybody would be like "it's ok wait a bit i can have an awesome clip ready for January 1st" or something.

Even with the "no offense Mark" thing, if i were him i'd be pissed off reading your comments and I'd be getting cold feet about keeping up with working on that competition.

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe somebody less busy should handle your job? :Smug:

Its not my "job", it is something I was asked to do, and I agreed to do on a voluntary basis. I´m not participating myself either to remain unbiased and neutral.

Didn't mean offense, but realistically would it not have eased your workload if you made the deadline actually stick? Some of us labored to get the clips in before then in our own tight schedules to make things easier on you.

Anyway, that's all. Didn't mean to derail. Thanks for putting it all together.

Hey no worries, sorry if I came off a bit harsh. Yeah, a set in stone deadline and instant disqualification of improper files would have saved me and Anssi a lot of work, but I didn´t want to exclude anyone from this learning experience. I´m willing to put more time into this if it means more people will benefit. Granted, it may not be time I always have so a round can last 6 days instead of 5. Not the end of the world I hope.

Can´t please everyone you know?

Congratulations to BY for winning this round!

Here are the authors of the tracks that didn't make it:

A - ahjteam

Signalchain

Meat: panned hard left/right
TSS > Dirthead > Kefir (Recabinet Ghandi i5 impulse) > Ferox > EQ

Bones: panned 68% left/right
SSL LMC-1 > Preampus Meathead > Kefir (same impulse) > EQ > highpass filter (600hz )

Guitarbus:
Waves C1-sc > EQ > highpass filter > C4 > EQ

AA - Mancha

Left guitar goes into Waves TS sim and into Nick Crow's 8505
Right one goes into Waves TS sim and into Lepou's Le456
Then they both go into one instance of Nebula with Poidaobi's program of Engl cab, and another instance of Aeternus Eternus Rosevelt D6 program.
Each has an EQ and Sneap C4 on it and then both go into a spring program for a little extra space.

AZ - xczajax

-Audio Profire 2626 -> Radial ProRmp -> Ibanez TS-9 -> Peavey 6505
-> Orange PPC412 (in iso box) -> 2xShure SM57 (Fredman Style) -> M-Audio Profire 2626
-> Reaper -> on-axis mics -10dbdb, off-axis mics -4db
-> guitar bus -3db, PSP MasterQ (hipass@83Hz, 2.9db boost@100Hz, lopass@10kHz)

B - Allplaydead

Guitars are TSSSoloCLe456Curveeqcatharsis sprehigh impulsesome alu impulsesabg cabenhancecomp.

They are also bussed with a voxengo tapesimulator and some more eq and compression.

BB- mefourtwelve

Didn't submit any info

C - Althegreat

Track1 - Backing Track
Track2 - Guitar Buss
Track3 - Guitar L Nebula MD421
Track4 - Guitar R Nebula MD421
Track5 - Guitar L Nebula Sm57
Track6 - Guitar R Nebula Sm57
Track7 - Reverb

Track2 - plugins

1. Nebula 3 (AlexB's Modern White Console Guitar buss)
2. Nebula 3 (Surgical Hipass)
3. Blue Cat's TripleEQ
4. Blue Cat's TripleEQ
5. Nebula 3 (API550b Hi Sh 3I)
6. Nebula 3 (AlexB's Modern White Console Modern Master buss)

Tracks 3-4

1. Nebula 3 ( Tube 1500 Seven)
2. Poulin Le456
3. Nebula 3 (AE's Roosevelt MD421 2)

Tracks 5-6

1. Nebula 3 ( Tube 1500 Seven)
2. Poulin Le456
3. Nebula 3 (AE's Roosevelt Sm57 3)

Track 7

1. SIR1 (Bricasti M7 Studio D room)
2. Nebula 3 (Surgical Hipass)
3. Blue Cat's TripleEQ
4. Nebula 3 ( Tube 1500 Seven)
5. Nebula 3 (AlexB's Modern White Console Send-Return buss)

Reverb panned Hard left and Hard right on all guitar tracks.

Ok, so I see you edited your post, nevermind then ;)

:lol:

Yeah haha, I posted it prematurely to make sure I wasn't posting the winners info by mistake. Didn't think anyone would notice but you were too fast:D

A shame you aren't participating by the way, I would have enjoyed your submission.