Tone competition 2 round 1

Which of these has your favorite guitar tone?

• A

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • AA

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • AZ

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • B

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • BB

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • BY

Votes: 62 55.4%
  • C

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mark and Anssi dont take me wrong but I think you should have balanced all the tracks before putting them here. Because not everybody are in same advantage point. The loudness factor can be more appealing to gain a vote. And no, I dont have my track in this round, so I am not defending myself. I just think what I said could be more fair to all.
I think it's not their job to do that, and they have done it anyway. They should have left the submissions as they were and rejected the ones that had the backing tracks or the master bus modified (rules were quite simple). It's the ones who submitted fault if the guitars are too loud.

I didn't scroll through the thread before I voted, but are the posts on the tones and who each person voted for visible before you vote? If they are, it may have been better as a blind test so that the opionions of others may not have effected the outcome. I guess thats kinda impossible in a forum format...

I didn't scroll through the thread before I voted, but are the posts on the tones and who each person voted for visible before you vote? If they are, it may have been better as a blind test so that the opionions of others may not have effected the outcome. I guess thats kinda impossible in a forum format...

I think this is the kind of forum where people trust their ears. At least, they try to.

A : very defined but a bit too trebley
AA : nice but a bit too much low mids/body/too dark/beefy maybe
AZ : way too thin / trebley
B : very cool but a bit too dark/undefined
BB : way too loud, can't tell
BY : not bad but has a "processed"/digital/fizz/POD-like feel i don't like
C : very cool/balanced/defined but maybe a tad too thin

So C wins for me although it could be improved, A is not far, then B & AA

a big thank you again to those working behind the scenes to make this happen. its really enlightening to hear how many different versions can come from one set of files