Tone competition 2 round 1

Which of these has your favorite guitar tone?

• A

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • AA

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • AZ

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • B

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • BB

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • BY

Votes: 62 55.4%
  • C

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like I imported those DI's into a project I had already set for 48kHz. Damn. I curse the person who gave me 48kHz DI's. That's what I get for doing it on the last day. The ACTUAL OFFICIAL last day. Should have taken a week longer like some other slackers. :mad:

I HATE 48 kHz FILES!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Wolfeman, I hadn't read that. I just tried speeding my one up, sounds like :puke:. Maybe I am just used to hearing it slower. :loco:

Count me out then maybe I guess. :lol:

Agreed, on first skim-listen to all of them, BY sounds best. Since I'm part of this I'm not going to vote though. It shouldn't be allowed.

Agreed...but can people create many accounts in this forum to vote theirselves??? we should worry?? haha

This is a hard one for me.
AA sounds good, but just that tiny bit too muffled.
BY also sounds good, but it's got a little too much upper end content for my tastes.

Okay, so after about 10 or so more listens of each, I'll have to hand it to BY for just having more clarity and just seems to sit in it's pocket of the mix just that tiny bit better.

Looks like I imported those DI's into a project I had already set for 48kHz. Damn. I curse the person who gave me 48kHz DI's. That's what I get for doing it on the last day. The ACTUAL OFFICIAL last day. Should have taken a week longer like some other slackers. :mad:

Sorry if it was me!

Those last DI files I worked with were in 48khz and I had the exact same issue. I reamped this thing at 48khz, and realized I had to re-reamp and re-mic everything after it was all processed and done. Still not sure it sounds as good as it originally did.

Sorry if it was me!

Those last DI files I worked with were in 48khz and I had the exact same issue. I reamped this thing at 48khz, and realized I had to re-reamp and re-mic everything after it was all processed and done. Still not sure it sounds as good as it originally did.

Awesome ERMZ!! You got rid of Guitarhack for us ! :p One down, 165 to go...

Yes, it is. 44.1khz, 24 bit.

I guess we're going to know which entry is yours then, Hack :loco:

No, we saw the sample rate issue and fixed it. You lucked out GuitarHack :lol:

EDIT: Wolfeman, I hadn't read that. I just tried speeding my one up, sounds like :puke:. Maybe I am just used to hearing it slower. :loco:

Count me out then maybe I guess. :lol:

We figured as much. Don't worry we fixed it.

I liked AA cause it was pretty balanced. Although it is thin.
I also liked BY. Can't say though that one of them really did it for me.:erk:
Can't wait to listen to the rest:)

for me it was pretty obvious, in favor of BY

but either way, I think it's excellent how different tones people were able to come up with. I was kind of scared this would be boring as hell with everyone having no difference in their tones.

Mark and Anssi dont take me wrong but I think you should have balanced all the tracks before putting them here. Because not everybody are in same advantage point. The loudness factor can be more appealing to gain a vote. And no, I dont have my track in this round, so I am not defending myself. I just think what I said could be more fair to all.

Mark and Anssi dont take me wrong but I think you should have balanced all the tracks before putting them here. Because not everybody are in same advantage point.

Actually, they are. You were give basically just three rules:
- submit 24bit 44.1khz stereo wav of mixdown and just the guitars soloed
- no adjusting the backingtracks
- mixdown shall not clip

How you used your available headroom was up to the submitter. If we would've changed the volume to same with all the tones, the soundscape might have changed really drastically for some tones (for example tones with lack bass or tones a lot of bass). And FYI, the tone leading is actually one of the quietest ones in this batch in terms of loudness.

PPS: guitarhack, pm mark to hear the 48k to 44.1k corrected version, if it sounds totally out of place, you decide what to do

When will the next round be posted? I'd imagine it wouldn't matter if the rest were all posted immediately when they're ready?

When will the next round be posted? I'd imagine it wouldn't matter if the rest were all posted immediately when they're ready?

I'll make the next round probably tomorrow considering the leading victory of BY currently. Not posting too many rounds at once to make sure every round gets enough attention

A: Filtered/a little boxy
AA: Sounds dark and a little muffled
AZ: Too fizzy
B: Muffled and the guitar needs to be louder.
BY: Needs more beef eq but not bad
C: Needs more disto but sounds very clear in the mix
BB: I like the tone but I can only guess how it really sounds with the backtrack.. too loud!!

My Vote is between BY and C and I choose C cause I like more the way it was eqed.