Guitar tone competition 2 final round (really!)

Which of these clips has your favorite guitar tone?

• YY

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • V

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • WW

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • SS

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • O

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • JQ

• II

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • EV

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • CC

• BY

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Ermz for your insight, I definitely won't think about 6260 anymore, but instead think about 333 or 333xl now, hehe!

It's like a baby-project to me, to try and get a good tone without using any big name amps :loco:
I could save some money and buy a Mesa too, but I just find myself wanting to find out first
how far can you go without the big fellas.

Kinda started when a distant friend's band was all about using nothing less than brand new Mesas & Peaveys, and they told
they would be ASHAMED of getting onstage with gear like Bugera/Behringer/Zoom/Pod, yet the guitartone on their demo sounded the shittiest ever,
and of course they accused the mastering, not to mention that their songs gave me a 30min headache for being so predictable and cliched too.

So this far I have already gotten alot of proof that expensive or cheap gear doesn't matter that much when someone with experience
and good knowledge mices the cab, tweaks the amp and postprocesses the shit as long as it takes to make it sound good.

Obviously you don't need to spend that much time to make a good amp sound good (duh),
I guess it's just that when people slay the weaker, your blood runs for them.

I personally respect all the dudes here who sacrifices their spare time on developing free plugins, I'm on mission here for them too, cheers! :headbang:

Congrats Ermz. I really liked Wild_Hades tone, had no idea it would be sims. Could hear it in most of them, but not his.

I was really hoping mine would have made it to the final round just so people would be like, "WTF? Valve Jr.?". But obviously that didn't work out too good:erk:

Congrats Ermz. I really liked Wild_Hades tone, had no idea it would be sims. Could hear it in most of them, but not his.

I was really hoping mine would have made it to the final round just so people would be like, "WTF? Valve Jr.?". But obviously that didn't work out too good:erk:

Valve jr. :lol:

Hey

I know this thread is from January but I'd just like to make a point if your gonna have another one.

There is only 2 chords held in the whole clip (and its very short),. The majority are single note playing. Single note playing does not expose the complete guitar tone. It will let tones in that have no business competing. Chords, especially ones that are help long enough to hear the decay are what separate good amps from bad ones. Many sounds that excel in single note playing are actually terrible for chords because chords are where all the harmonics are displayed--the other thing is short stabbing notes or chords are good but only if long help notes are included. An amp tone competition should include all aspects of a metal tone.

Just a thought

ups: may I join the competition now? ( I have really nice work..) or wait for next comp.?
Ah I am late..?