• yes

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • no

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • quite frankly my dear i don't give a damn

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Slash Freeman
football sucks (my opinion). i think there is way too much hype about football, but i guess that's probably just 'cos i don't like it much. people take it too far. they forget it's just a sport and that like all the sports the object is to enjoy it.

yeah i understand what your saying but to get a better view of why people love football (including me) substitute the word ''football'' in your post with the word of something you really love like ''music'' for example...:)

footballs great, anyone can play which is a main reason why, you don't have to be great to enjoy it, same with most sports. and even the crapest of players can score the greatest of goals, great fun to play, nice to watch too.

i get what your saying about the substituting the word football for music, but when it gets to this time of year it all becomes a bit too much, football doesnt bother me any other time of the year, its just world cup time and it gets everywhere, also people look at you like your mad if you didnt watch 'THAT match and see THAT goal'

football is just the best sport
I love it and it's nice that there is a room where they allow us to talk about it
besides we only get a chance like this every 4 years

Transparetn: I can understand that people love football the way i love music, i know they do. The trouble is that the world doesn't make a big deal over a rock festival, while the world goes nuts over a football tournament. not everyone loves football the way you do. too many people are only interested 'cos everyone else is. too many people are shocked and apalled (sp?) when you don't give a crap. Sure the world cup only comes every 4 years but theres still a shit load of football that goes on between world cups. and theres not exactly much on the forums about the olympics when thats on, is there? the olympics is a huge sporting event and part of it's beauty is that it doesn't cover just 1 sport but 100s.