Tools Lateralus A Masterpiece!!

deathchild: why do most of tools fans say that seeing them live is much more better than just listening to their music? why does maynard dress like a whore for a lot of their shows? he doesnt normally dress like this. tool obviously has much more entertainment value than you say.

tool: i think the only tool fans in opeth are the martins.

DeathChild said:
stfu. tool plays with their back facing the crowd for a reason. they aren't there to entertain you. Tool Is tool. where do you think they got their name from ? Duh.
:Smug:

Well..Maynard was the only one facing the wall. AND if they don't want to entertain..why are they in the entertainment business?? When I pay upwards of $35 to see a band I expect to be entertained by that band..I don't expect them to act like it's beneath them to entertain their fans. When I see other bands the lead singer interacts with the crowd..take Mikael for example..he's always cracking jokes and talking to the crowd. He understands that his fans have come to see him and the interaction is a cool way for him to show his appreciation.

What does the name Tool signify? Please enlighten us.

NAD said:
What, pray tell, is the secret? I prefer plain old 1 thru 13 myself. :loco:

The order is 6,7,5,8,4,9,13,1,12,2,11,3,10.

i listened to it in this order and it turned out to be alot more amazing that i thought. and for everyone's refference, on the Opeth site, in the biography's the members (i forget which ones) list Lateralus as what they are listening to as of the last update and im not sure but i think some of them may have the cd as one of their favourites of all time. i would check but i havent been able to get on to the site lately.

Cephalanthera said:
The order is 6,7,5,8,4,9,13,1,12,2,11,3,10.

i listened to it in this order and it turned out to be alot more amazing that i thought.

Really? Go check the review of this order that I posted in the other thread about Tool. I want someone who's rearranged it to break it down the way that I did and point out what's so amazing about the reordering. I'm a huge Tool fan, but I can't get this whole rearranging bullshit.

what a ghey thred.. lol.. TOOL..

I FART IN TOOL'S GENERAL DIRECTION... COS THEY RIP UP SOME WICKED BEATS YO!! WITH TEH NU METAL AND TEH RAPPIN AND GUEST NEGRO RAPPIN STARS GUESTING ON GUEST VOCALS AND GUEST SPINNING TOP.. or record scratching thing or whateber./ EBEN GLEBEN!!

Im sorry guyz, but tool sucks on soggy pants. Muchly.

Tool said:
*points to Name* One of my faves. It's definately their best and I can't wait for the next. Opeth are actually massive Tool fans, I read.
Yeah.. and Mikael skateboards and smokes cigarettes. But he's a fucking legend, so he's forgiven.

And I tried to run over some children the other day, for throwing rocks at my car. But I am also a fucking legend. So I forgive myself.

Dreamingofur is a legend.

I did like aenima, maynards voice on that album is unique and simply amazing. his voice along with the lack of diversitywith the riffing styles on the new album is what turned me off them. The album had a few moments, but since aenima, I have discovered SO many bands that just leave tool buried so fucking deep in the mud, im not gonna bother making an effort to dig through the stinking mud, when better bands make me splooge my pants on a daily basis.

And apc is fuckin pop hop poop shit douche ass crap.

Speak said:
Really? Go check the review of this order that I posted in the other thread about Tool. I want someone who's rearranged it to break it down the way that I did and point out what's so amazing about the reordering. I'm a huge Tool fan, but I can't get this whole rearranging bullshit.
Exactly. I re-arranged the tracks, and came to pretty much the same conclusions as you. It works okay up to "the middle" (13), but after that it falls apart.