Toontrack Metal Month 2013 - Trailer

Personally I couldn't care less because i don't really need new samples atm. But I think it's kinda annoying, if you bought Rock Solid last year (like I did) just so you'd have to pay for the same samples (but raw of course) again one year later. But I can understand the business perspective of course so we'll just have to move on I guess. ;)

Btw all the Metal relevant EZXs seem to be €29.00 at Thomann right now. Wasn't everyone raving about the Sneap one? Maybe I do need new samples after all. :D

i usually buy them from audio deluxe, pretty much always a great deal on something there.

the sdx sounds kind of cool, I'm not in a hurry to buy it with what I already have. pretty nuts that there are now libraries by CLA, terry date and randy staub and people still moan. you don't have to buy it if you dont want to. I'd actually kind of like something quirkier like indie folk SDX or C&V 2 or something. dry sounds, weirder drums. some 60's and soul drum loops would be great, don't think toontrack have really delved into that yet. think they have way more scope with indie genres still to explore.

Here is a clip from something I am currently working on. These are both the default kits as far as I know. All processing is the same, i didn't change anything. There is parallel compression, eq etc and a quick master fx chain, so keep that in mind.

Metal Machine:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17514020/SloanZone/Audio/Other/MetalMachine.mp3

Metal!:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17514020/SloanZone/Audio/Other/MetalEZX.mp3

Metal! is definitely more useful than Rock Warehouse from what I can tell (not that RW is that bad, it's just not impressive).
I presume it's Mark Lewis kit in you example. Sounds a bit more polished than Metal Machine.
I've made some cool hybrid kits with Sneap's Toms/cymbals and Mark Lewis Kicks and Snares.

For anyone interested... I literally just checked out the Metal! EZX after getting it cheap on sale for maybe 5 minutes. I was immediately shocked at how horrible the hi hat sounded on the default kit, (Mark's). The hi hat is one of the worst sounding samples I've ever heard. I switched between Metal Machine and back again and it was the difference between night and day how much better MM sounds to me. I kinda wish I didn't buy it but the midi is hopefully worth the price I payed alone.

Really disappointed in the majority of the drum sounds in this EZX.

For anyone interested... I literally just checked out the Metal! EZX after getting it cheap on sale for maybe 5 minutes. I was immediately shocked at how horrible the hi hat sounded on the default kit, (Mark's). The hi hat is one of the worst sounding samples I've ever heard. I switched between Metal Machine and back again and it was the difference between night and day how much better MM sounds to me. I kinda wish I didn't buy it but the midi is hopefully worth the price I payed alone.

Really disappointed in the majority of the drum sounds in this EZX.

If you have the time could make a comparison clip between some of the kits ?