Toontrack Metal Month 2015?

I like how we're all saying that this is finally the one that sounds real when we were all saying the same exact thing about DFH, DFH2, Superior, Superior 2.0, etc...
Well after dissapointment with TMF, RockWareHouse, MM, I guess we are desperate after something that sound good enough.

I like how we're all saying that this is finally the one that sounds real when we were all saying the same exact thing about DFH, DFH2, Superior, Superior 2.0, etc...

Yeah, we're getting better and more picky. A good thing. :)

This was my thoughts too! But I liked what I heard and that was enough to buy it :D
Edit: I bought it at Thomann btw, 20 bucks less than Toontrack website.

I'm poking fun at the fact that I read something like that about EVERY firmware version that's ever come out for the axe-fx. Despite it "sounding totally like a real amp" on a previous release there's always someone saying "it finally sounds like a real amp now!"

I'm poking fun at the fact that I read something like that about EVERY firmware version that's ever come out for the axe-fx. Despite it "sounding totally like a real amp" on a previous release there's always someone saying "it finally sounds like a real amp now!"
It's the same for anything technology based. Technology in electronics is the fastest improving field, so there should be some expectation of hearing someone sing the praises of brand "X" product. This has been going on for decades. Get over yourself.

I thought it was funny too. It was also the perfect example of how we all get sucked into "latest greatest."
Anyway, the progressive foundry sounds quite good.

So, apparently it looks like the next thing to drop is a new Guitar Gods EZ Mix pack. It'll feature Ola Englund, Keith Merrow, Andy James, and Adam Dutkiewicz.

So, apparently it looks like the next thing to drop is a new Guitar Gods EZ Mix pack. It'll feature Ola Englund, Keith Merrow, Andy James, and Adam Dutkiewicz.

ffs. Do we really need more presets from those guys? I have yet to hear a production that I like from them.

ffs. Do we really need more presets from those guys? I have yet to hear a production that I like from them.

That may be the case, but Ola and Keith Merrow - at the very least - are some of the most respected tone tweakers and demo guys around, and lots of people attempt to emulate their various sounds. I think we can agree that regardless of any one person's individual taste, these guys are objectively some of the most sought after tone merchants in metal. Their videos are heavily watched, and their signature gear is also in demand.

That may be the case, but Ola and Keith Merrow - at the very least - are some of the most respected tone tweakers and demo guys around, and lots of people attempt to emulate their various sounds. I think we can agree that regardless of any one person's individual taste, these guys are objectively some of the most sought after tone merchants in metal. Their videos are heavily watched, and their signature gear is also in demand.

Right, but they're tone tweakers and demo guys who still go to dudes like Mark Lewis and Jacob Hansen to mix their full lengths.

I got huckstered into buying EZmix 2 and the first Metal Guitar Gods pack. I was completely disappointed. Only thing usable was the Koloss bass preset. And, this was before I got an Axe-Fx II. Now I really think it sucks. Never again. I wish I could get my money back. Oh well, at least I bought it really cheap when they were running a sale.

Right, but they're tone tweakers and demo guys who still go to dudes like Mark Lewis and Jacob Hansen to mix their full lengths.

I think people are going more for their isolated tones they do themselves in their YouTube videos. It's not like Jeff Merrow has a huge discography for people to glom off of. But the man knows how to get great tones.

As for the overall value, I have pretty much all the EZMix "metal-oriented" guitar expansion packs. I feel like they're great to give you a tangible target to shoot for when tweaking your own stuff.

I find the Jocke Skog "Metal Amps" to be the one I lean on most. So much great stuff in there, and his gating really is quality stuff that lets you crank the gain without paying for it.

The Andy Sneap one has maybe 2 tones I use, but they are two reaaaaaly good tones. Metal Guitar Gods 1 is good for the Devin Townsend presets. The Misha Mansoor ones are surprisingly garbage for all of the love he gets. Metal Guitar Gods 2 is ok. The Jeff Loomis presets are all great and a few of the Ryan Knights are good. Not really a fan of the Tosin Abasi ones.