Toontrack Metal Month 2015?

Samples all sound really really fucking good. They've had great snares and toms in the past, but I think the kicks in this SDX sound a lot better than in any other SDX I heard.

I really like the EZX version of this release. With 14 different sound sets, it would be hard not to come away with some very usable kits, especially with this producer/engineer. The only thing that looks disappointing is the included MIDI. It looks like you only get four songs played by session drummer, Brody Simpson. Sounds great though. Better than Metalheads and Metal EZX's for sure. Not sure it will replace Sneap or Richardson, but it should at least give Richardson a decent run.

Toontrack are really starting to nail it. From the samples I've heard, This SDX sounds like what I've always expected/wanted sampled drums to sound like. Can't wait to actually get my hands on this and start working with them myself. Well done Toontrack! Now, a new and shiny SD3 around the corner would be highly appreciated! :)

This is the first metal month product I may buy off the bat instead of waiting for the inevitable sale one year later.

(I've also been listening to a lot of Karnivool lately so I guess I am particularly weak to resist this purchase.)

The bell accent sound in the SDX exmaple (1.14 in the video) is the exact same ride cymbal as Metalfoundry, Metal! and Metalheads. Its cool there's a lot of new snare's and kicks but c'mon this reusing of decade old cymbal sounds is starting to become a theme. I wonder if it even has the 19" aaxtreme china from dkfh still.

Can someone tell me if SDX is the same as EZX with lots of added features or are the "EZ" features (tap, grooves, rhythm matching etc.) of EZX only found in that product?

If any of you guys get this, please let us know how you like it. I'm really interested in this as well. With money being scarce, I can't afford to be a guinea pig, lol.

It's an awesome natural library. Forrester did a great job. It's a step forward for Toontrack on the humanization front, for sure.

I did the 'This Is Abiogenesis' mix on the site, which is a showcase of this SDX handling more extreme metal styles.

SendFire: SDX only works with Superior Drummer and is fully customizable while EZX is for Superior and EZ Drummer. EZ Drummer has the tap to find, groove match etc

Thanks. So Superior Drummer does not have tap to find, groove match etc.- correct?