Toontrack Metal Month 2015?

Sounds quite good and thank god they put a good hit hat sound, usually hit hat sound sucks hard balls, not to mention the ride.

I'm incredibly stoked about the selection of mics given. This basically lets you program your sounds out, scope the overhead/room/kick mic selection to the genre (there are 4 pairs of stereo overheads, 5 kick mics, tons of room channels) and go from there. The selection of snares and hats is also hugely cool here - cannot wait to get the full library in.

Sounds quite good and thank god they put a good hit hat sound, usually hit hat sound sucks hard balls, not to mention the ride.

Agreed. a few expansions have had passable hi hat samples, but others are just down horrible. The METAL! EZX easily has the most horrid hi-hat samples I've ever heard.

I think the hi-hats are one of the give-aways that you can usually tell if drums are real or sampled. This expansion gives me hope that they can be done properly and sound real. From the samples, I can't tell they aren't real. They are the most authentic hi-hat samples I've heard yet. As ERMZ said, this looks to be a big step forward for the humanization capabilities of software sampling.

DAMMIT!!!! Slumbered the postman with the sdx.... and have to wait until i can take it by the poststation. evil night rythm!!!!! :yell: anyone has it yet?

wow. received it today. What an amazing kit!!! so much mics to choose from and what a fine selection from kit pieces. even an unter kit mic! :D
i am just fiddling around in toontrack solo so far but i think this could be the most versatile kit they produced so far... i think from modern to natural to vintage stuff you can do anything!!! superb work!!!

Yes it does. I think the First Time You choose a piece an für just sounds Right! The Weekend is Save now. 😄