Toontrack Metal month 2014

I think it's awesome that they didn't go as hard on the pre-processing on this ezx.
Doesn't make it sound as impressing on the previews, but it's a lot more useful to really work with. Not so much for guys who want to pull it up and not mix, but I guess there should be enough presets to get that going as well.

I'm kinda surprised it doesn't really scream "Richardson" when you hear it, but it sounds awesome non the less. Gonna have to get this at some point.

Is this straight up Ezdrummer with no post processing?

That snare is huge! The thing I hate the most is always the weak dinky rides, and kicks.

I also dont have Ezdrummer 2. This might make me rethink it.

IMO, unless you're programming all your beats anyway, EZD2 is worth it just for the better browsing/searching/tap-to-find section. They were even clever enough to let the search results include beats from the packs you don't own, so you can listen to them in EZD but not actually export them for a song.

IMO, unless you're programming all your beats anyway, EZD2 is worth it just for the better browsing/searching/tap-to-find section. They were even clever enough to let the search results include beats from the packs you don't own, so you can listen to them in EZD but not actually export them for a song.

The only time that I've ever used their midi is figuring out velocities.

I just recently updated my version of Windows. And if this really is worth it, id float the cash to get this Ezx.

I like metal machine but the toms are too triggery, and the velocities are ridiculous to work with. Its too hard or too light. Metal! Is ok but the cymbals absolutely suck.

I'm liking this one more than I thought I would, so I'll eventually pick it up.

Agreed that the hats are a little too bleed-y, but once the drums are done, I always break out the hats separately and cymbals separately and bounce them to their own sets of tracks anyway.
That keeps the drum/hat/cymbal OHs and Room tracks under control.

There are individual volume controls for each kit piece in the main window of EZD2.

I thought EZXs will work in SD2?

If they're going to release an SDX version, as was indicated previously by Jeff, they would (presumably) have more options in terms of individual mics and the relative rawness of the samples. Otherwise nobody would pay more for the SDX. I'm holding out for it as well.

If they're going to release an SDX version, as was indicated previously by Jeff, they would (presumably) have more options in terms of individual mics and the relative rawness of the samples. Otherwise nobody would pay more for the SDX. I'm holding out for it as well.

Yeah, but I own superior and Ezdrummer 1. Id like to just own the cheaper one and be able to use it in SD2. :heh:

It only says its compatible with EzD2

There are individual volume controls for each kit piece in the main window of EZD2.

Correct, but I want to keep the Hats out of the OH and Amb channels.

Even if I mute the main Hats track in the mixer, and drop the vol to -12 on the Hats in the main drum window, they are still audible on the OH and Amb channels.

Unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible...

All the clips posted so far sound pretty impressive. I agree with Mago that it doesnt scream Colin in the way that I thought it would. Cymbals sound great, Snares and Kicks seem on point, but its hard to tell if I like the toms because they are pretty wet in all the examples so far. I am pretty sure i'm in the minority, but I think the lack of Colin's trademark processing style being baked into this pack makes it more of a backburner purchase. I'll definitely pick it up when its on sale down the road but its not pressing in the way I thought it would be.

Correct, but I want to keep the Hats out of the OH and Amb channels.

Even if I mute the main Hats track in the mixer, and drop the vol to -12 on the Hats in the main drum window, they are still audible on the OH and Amb channels.

Unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible...

Just uncheck the hats in bleed options

I'm really digging this. The ride sounds fucking fantastic for a Toontrack product for once (ride bells always suck for them for whatever reasons), but I'm gonna wait until the SDX and S3 are out.

Toontrack dun goofed, they put up a clip of a bunch of soloed kick drum samples. Anybody could just steal them.

You really think they care if you steal 5 kick samples?

truedat-anim.gif