Top 10 Best Artists of All Time

My mom says she likes Metallica, she's heard Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters, I wonder what she'd think about Blackened or Fight Fire With Fire. But I guess that's the level most people are on when it comes to Metallica.

This question is highly opinionated on the answer's taste.. but my favorite artist hast to be death, then in no order: nile, arsis, krisiun, dark tranquility, agalloch(folk metal?), entombed, amon amarth, suffocation, opeth... Jeez.. that's 10? I could go on and on, it just depends on my current mood and how I feel. Those are just the bands that come to mind at the moment as top 10, but they could easily be interchanged with many other great bands I love to listen to...

In no order

Agalloch
Drudkh
Evergrey
Disillusion (back to times of splendor album only - a masterpiece)
Saturnus
Killswitch Engage
Pain of Salvation
Insomnium
In Flames (old in flames - got me into metal)
The Morningside

In no order

Agalloch
Drudkh
Evergrey
Disillusion (back to times of splendor album only - a masterpiece)
Saturnus
Killswitch Engage
Pain of Salvation
Insomnium
In Flames (old in flames - got me into metal)
The Morningside

OMG how could I forget INSOMNIUM!!!!!!!! I need to kill myself immediately..

New list; anti-gay version. I don't know what I was thinking on the first one.

1: Burzum
2: Slayer
3: Metallica
4: The Morningside
5: Dimmu Borgir
6: Bauhaus :D
7: I Shalt Become
8: Children of Bodom (shut up)
9: Poisonblack
10: Mayhem

New list; anti-gay version. I don't know what I was thinking on the first one.

1: Burzum
2: Slayer
3: Metallica
4: The Morningside
5: Dimmu Borgir
6: Bauhaus :D
7: I Shalt Become
8: Children of Bodom (shut up)
9: Poisonblack
10: Mayhem

I've only heard one Poisonblack song, but man did I not like it. Children of Bodom are fine as long as your talking about their early works.

hmmm *thinking smiley*

Opeth
Mastodon
Amon Amarth
In Flames
Pantera
Pink Floyd
Meshuggah
KoRn(earlier stuff, if it helps:p)
Behemoth
Tool

this is my first post:D

Yes, power chords. Got anything else? No? Shredd? Double bass? Blast beats?

Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists in rock and metal music period and you suck at listening to music.

Shredding is generally terrible and am not really into blast beats for the most part and fail to see what they have to do with anything. I generally find some drummer hitting a snare drum over and over really fast the duration of a cd and a cymbal annoying as hell and boring.

Dååth
Lamb of God
Amon Amarth
Decapitated
The Faceless
Opeth
Gojira
Meshuggah
Death
Kalmah

Nice list, good mix of Melodeath and DM. Not sure LOG deserves to be in the same list as death though... In a few years of listening to more metal I'm sure LOG will be long gone. ;)

Yeah, a lot of people start off with metal listening to In Flames and LoG etc. but as time goes on they get more into the obscure stuff.

Hard list cuz it varies a bit here and there. Number 1 is constant though.

1. Katatonia

Alice In Chains
Danzig
Hypocrisy
Death
Rotting Christ
Novembers Doom
Cradle of Filth
Devourment
Deicide (Hoffman bros. Deicide anyway)

Others that don't fit: Smashing Pumpkins, Candlebox, Chevelle, Peter Murphy/Bauhaus, The Cure