Top 10 Favorite Bands

That's my case too.That's why I usally don't make lists.

I've been meaning to check "Blut aus nord" for so long,read so much good things about them?

You mentioned "Lykthea aflame" also,everytime I hear that album I'm tranced,so awesome.Wish they could reform again to release another(if not more) killer album.

PS: thanks for your modern old school recomendetions.

BAN is a great band but more of the recent stuff has been meh, there was a big dropoff in quality imo after The Work Which Transforms God, which is a nigh-PERFECT fucking album, definitely get it. Get everything before it too but realize they're all a bit different. Early stuff is more orthodox for black metal, TWWTG is industrialized to an extent and sounds detached and dissociated.

And yes, Lykathea Aflame were a brilliant fucking band, and that album is pretty much perfect in every way. They are "reformed" under a new name but nothing seems to be getting done, and they won't outdo Elvenefris anyway...

Where did I recommend stuff? I often forget these kind of things...anyway, you're welcome

I might as well do an update

1. Devourment
2. Nachtmystium
3. Suffocation
4. Xasthur
5. Goretrade
6. Dripping
7. Hypocrisy
8. Wormed
9. Wedard
10. Soils of Fate

You prefer Devourment to Suffo (and Xasthur to Wormed?), or is that just a general unranked top 10?

As for me, at the moment it's probably:

1. Pink Floyd by a mile
2. Opeth (fuck the haters)
3. Dream Theater (see above)
4. Porcupine Tree
5. Enslaved
6. Carcass
7. Suffocation (technically I guess these guys are my favorite DM band, as IMO Heartwork and Symphonies are the best Carcass albums)
8. Ulver
9. Skinless, because TTWHTD was that good
10. Morbid Angel (up to DOMINATION)

Honorable mentions go out to Cathedral, Benighted, Swallow the Sun, Reverend Bizarre, Wormed, Meshuggah, Emperor, WitTR, and NeO whenever they release a fucking album

9. Skinless, because TTWHTD was that good

Definitely

Anyways here's mine again

1. Yes
2. Bal-Sagoth
3. Ildjarn
4. Opeth
5. Simfony Ecks
6. Threshold
7. Deathspell Omega
8. Skinless
9. Jethro Tull
10. Skinless

HM: Infernal War, Benighted, WitTR, Grimlair, Master's Hammer...fuck I love too many bands

List changes almost daily (this is just metal)
1) Opeth
2) Alice in Chains
3) Lamb of God
4) Nile
5) Dying Fetus
6) Behemoth
7) Darkthrone
8) Gorgoroth
9) Devourment
10) Wormed

Honorable Mentions to Pantera, A Life Once Lost, Arch Enemy, Carcass, Limbonic Art, Hypocrisy, and Despised Icon.

I'd have to say
1. Slayer
2. Metallica
3. Pantera
4. Black Sabbath
5. Iron Maiden
6. Judas Priest
7. Arch Enemy
8. Children of Bodom
9. In Flames
10. Decapitated

As of right now.

1.Sonata Arctica
2.Twilightning
3.Vio-Lence
4.Megadeth
5.Exodus
6.In Flames
7.Motley Crue
8.Gamma Ray
9.Def Leppard
10.Black Tide

How much? :p I still don't own a hard copy...

It'll go on Ebay...I prefer to let the market decide the price instead of me charging too much or getting 10$ when I could have gotten 50$ (or more...).

I'll let people know when it's on Ebay so you might try to grab it at that time.

1.In Flames
2.Dark Dranquillity
3.Arch Enemy
4.The Absence
5.Klamah
6.Amon Amarth
7.Kreator
8.Warbringer
9.Manowar
10.Morbid Angel

If you have asked me 3 years ago I would have added Iron Maiden, Dio and Slayer.

Hard to do....but:
(no order)

In Flames (Shocker!)
Dark Tranquility
Amon Amarth
Vital Remains
Opeth
Emperor
Kreator
Iron Maiden
Rhapsody

Wow I just took a look at this list, a lot of in common, your list is awesome, I like most of the bands. Well all of them expect Emporer and I don't know about Rhapsody, never listened to them.

Every single band on it is basically considered one of the most well-known bands of their respected genre or era. They're bands that you listen to before you know a lot of metal, using them as gateways to explore more deeply.

EDIT: @ your previous post

And cherko didn't say "horrible," just horribly standard.