3. ISIS
4. Agalloch
5. Green Carnation
6. Amorphis
7. Votum
8. Tool
9. Pain of Salvation
10. Dead Soul Tribe

I guess tool isn't exactly "metal" is it? The experimental side to their music is amazing in any case.

People complaining about bands with gay members when it doesn't really change the quality of their music is pretty hilarious. :lol:

I bet you also listen to an obscene amount of music influenced by them.

There's no way I could ever limit my list to just ten.

In no order:

Ulver
Swans
Skinny Puppy (goddamn essential)
Morbid Angel
Darkthrone
Mayhem
Burzum
Emperor
Nick Drake
Cocteau Twins
Sisters of Mercy
Kyuss
Neurosis
Suffocation
Skepticism

More than ten, I know, but there were just certain bands I couldn't exclude.

There's no way I could ever limit my list to just ten.

In no order:

Ulver
Swans
Skinny Puppy (goddamn essential)
Morbid Angel
Darkthrone
Mayhem
Burzum
Emperor
Nick Drake
Cocteau Twins
Sisters of Mercy
Kyuss
Neurosis
Suffocation
Skepticism

More than ten, I know, but there were just certain bands I couldn't exclude.

Awesome taste. o_O

I couldn't help but notice that you put in bold Swans, Cocteau Twins, and Sisters of Mercy. Nothing remotely metal about any one of those bands, save perhaps early, early Swans (Filth/Cop), but my god, I'm so goddamned thrilled that somebody else here likes those bands. Fucking :kickass:!

Listening to exclusively metal is just a boring idea for me. I actually just got the remastered version of Floodland in the mail just today.

Is it the digipak version? I actually got that and the remastered First and Last and Always a few months ago, even though I've had the originals for years and years; just couldn't help myself. On the new FALAA, the mixes on "Black Planet," and maybe some others, are slightly different, and I have to say I prefer the original, though I didn't notice this on Floodland.

Is it the digipak version?

Yes. :p

On the new FALAA, the mixes on "Black Planet," and maybe some others, are slightly different, and I have to say I prefer the original, though I didn't notice this on Floodland.

Eldritch remixed them entirely himself because he hates the original production. Floodland is just a remaster.

I don't care for them either, to be honest. I do like the remastered Floodland, though. It's a shame he thinks that keeping them alive to do "live" performances and having the band mime like they're playing their instruments is cool.

And you know what? From what I've read, they rarely, if ever, play any of the "classic" material, just newer, unreleased songs that've been written post-Vision Thing. :erk:

Go check your mail.