Thin Lizzy
Motorhead
Nazareth
Saxon
Angel Dust
Sortilege
Rata Blanca

No. 1 is a draw between
Fear Of God (because of their album "Within The Veil")
and
Atrox

followed in no particular order by
The Third And The Mortal
Coroner
Nightwish
Dead Can Dance
Anacrusis
Fates Warning
The Gathering
Voivod

(If solo artists were also allowed in this list, three of the bands I just mentioned would have to be replaced by Kari Bremnes - I´d put her also on no. 1 -, Kate Bush and Tori Amos.)

In no particular order:

Metallica
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Nevermore
Helloween
Children of Bodom
Blind Guardian
Symphony X
Iced Earth
Judas Priest

01 Nevermore
02 Symphony X
03 Zero Hour
04 Psychotic Waltz
05 Children of Bodom
06 Ohm [Chris Polands -ex-Megadeth- fusion band]
07 Anacrusis
08 Sieges Even
09 Rush [70s to mid 80s]
10 Annihilator
--------------------------

Nevermore has been my favorite band since their debut in 1995. Very creative riffs [the best in the bizz] and good vocals with intelligent lyrics.

Symphony X is closing in on them now. I love this band.

Zero Hour is a relative new prog-metal band but very promissing. great vocalist and very original style. This is not your regular Dream Theater clone! Complicated compositions, Fear Factory like riffs combined with a singer with at moments reminds me of John Arch! If you have not heard them check them out although their music can be quite demanding.

Psychotic Waltz is a classic of course. Too bad the band broke up. The fans are still praying to the progressive metal godz for a reunion!

Children of Bodom fast melodic and harsh, Children of Bodom have it all. I go wild on their fantastic leads. Who can not love this band?

Ohm is the fusion band from Chris Poland. Their latest album "Live On Kpfk 90.7 FM" will end very high on my yearlist. All 3 band members are fantastic musicians.

Anacrusis progressive thrash band. A bit weird at times but great! They disbanded around 1993/4 and they are still very much missed. You can get all their albums/demo's/ and some live songs at their official website. Go here: http://apogee.whack.org/~ken/anacrusis media/anac_MP3.htm

if you don't know them, check them out! miss them at your peril :)

Sieges Even is a German progressive or tech-metal band. Can you see a consistend theme here? ;) Their "A Sense of Change" album is my all time favorite album. The "Sophisticated" album tht they released in 1995 is another gem, sadly it is very hard to get. They have re-joined and I have seen them live at the Headway festival in early April. best concert I ever saw!

Rush. Legendary!!!! Nough said ! If you don't know them get the fuck out of Ultimate metal. You don't belong here :lol: ;)

Annihilator the last few years they have been relasing a stream of consistent high quality thrash metal albums. Should have been a very successfull band. Jeff Waters deserves that.
-----------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: all of the above is my personal opinion. Remember, opinions are like assholes; everyone has one and most of them stink! :)

Man I hate these lists.......:erk: Some bands have to get left off then I think about them later on..... :ill:

Vanden Plas
Accept
Metal Church
Fates Warning
classic Metallica
classic Queensryche
Angel Dust
Tad Morose (this band gets major kudos as I have only been listening to them for maybe three months)
Pagans Mind
classic Dio

Bryant