Top 10 favourite doom metal records

Plastic Gods is an odd one as the opening track is a fast number, but most of the rest of it is drony - that kinda variety is one thing I dig. Plus I absolutely love those vocals. Heiðar is a more mellow atmospheric track that's kinda cool.

As a non-musician my taste in riffs is probably terrible, but the one in Funeral Crawl that starts at 6:04 is one of my fav riffs ever:

In no particular order, and yeah, some of these are probably debateable if they're doom. I definitely lean more towards death/doom overall!

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea
Shape of Despair - Angels of Distress
Doom:VS - Dead Words Speak
Swallow the Sun - Hope
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Daylight Dies - Lost to the Living
Slumber - Fallout
40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room
Soliloquium - An Empty Frame

In no particular order, and yeah, some of these are probably debateable if they're doom. I definitely lean more towards death/doom overall!

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea
Shape of Despair - Angels of Distress
Doom:VS - Dead Words Speak
Swallow the Sun - Hope
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Daylight Dies - Lost to the Living
Slumber - Fallout
40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room
Soliloquium - An Empty Frame

I enjoy the Candlemass and Katatonia of course. I'm interested in listening to Swallow the Sun and also Ahab (even though I'm not really into Funeral Doom).

It's pretty clear that even though Witchfinder General are NWOBHM, they heavily lean towards the weightier groovier Sabbath style. But much like Sabbath, they weren't trapped in any strict style box.

I enjoy the Candlemass and Katatonia of course. I'm interested in listening to Swallow the Sun and also Ahab (even though I'm not really into Funeral Doom).

That Ahab album is definitely funeral, but their later albums are a bit more upbeat and progressive, also good stuff :) Swallow the Sun have some stuff in funeral doom veins, but overall it's just death/doom

CiG: "Lean towards" is fine, but I recently watched another Ruthless Metal video where the guy claimed they were the true founders/inventors of Doom. That's just being a retard.

DarkGift: I'm not totally opposed to Funeral Doom but I don't find it all that gripping. I'm willing to listen to more. I like Death/Doom so I don't mind a slower version as long as it's not excruciatingly so with little of interest going on.

Reactions: DarkGift
CiG: "Lean towards" is fine, but I recently watched another Ruthless Metal video where the guy claimed they were the true founders/inventors of Doom. That's just being a retard.

Sounds like you should stop watching that channel, haha. They're not even that early in the genre.