Top 10 favourite doom metal records

edit: Whatever words are exchanged, Climb Thar, you must remember the profuse manlove shared by me and Ken.

Q4T
icon_fagfight.gif

I fucking love The Strength to Dream, and it was the album that took me into the world of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Yes. I put up $40 for it twice on ebay. Lost both times, it went for $60..

Hopefully it gets reissued.

EDIT:
Rich said:
So, with regards to the WARNING, both albums will be repressed yes finally, I'm working on a licensing deal for their reissues

I can plan alot of things, only putting them into practice is the poblem due to 1) Being a one man run label operating out of a tiny corner, and 2) Money.

The releases page is out of date because I only really have time to post an occasional blog on the myspace page right now, like everyone else I have a life outside of the scene and I would like to spend a little more time on that actually, coupled with also playing in bands it makes for zero time for anything except the bare essentials.

So, with regards to the WARNING, both albums will be repressed yes finally, I'm working on a licensing deal for their reissues and as for "FROZEN MASQUE", I'll talk with Steve tonight should I get the chance, as I want to release that again on vinyl this time

If I can find a way to put some of the other titles out again I will, but theres so much to concentrate on in the future, and pressing a thousand CD's to satisfy an additional say 50 orders does not make financial sense for a small label, however, once again, as soon as for example THE LAMP OF THOTH ep is sold out, it will get licensed onto CD with a couple of bonus tracks for all of you non vinyl types to get your teeth into, and their album will come as LP & CD

If I had shitloads of cash, I would be releasing everything at the drop of the hat, but right now, I'm backed up with releases to take me well into 2009

Forthcoming

DESOLATION ANGELS - 4 CD box (Next release)
PAGAN ALTAR "Mythical & Magical" LP
ORODRUIN - "In Doom" 10" EP
ARGUS -10" EP (New release, finalising plans with Butch shortly, will come out at the same time as ORODRUIN)
THE LAMP OF THOTH - Full CD & LP
THE RIVER - New full CD
HELL - 3 LP & CD box
LORD CRUCIFIER - Demos LP (If Cozy gets back in touch)
SCARAB - Anthology 2 CD set (Something new there, just working the details out with Paul, and thats the incredible Doom/power metal band of the NWOBHM who released the "Poltergeist" 7")

For licensing you can expect

WARNING - "The strength to dream"
WARNING - "Watching from a distance" CD & LP (On metal supremacy)
WARNING - Demos LP (On The Skull records)
THE LAMP OF THOTH - "Cauldron of witchery" (On Northern Silence)

so, there you go....hope that clarifies things a little, if anyone really wants to help, give me money buy buying the releases when they come out, and go see the gigging bands live

- Rich Walker

Top 10 Doom Albums for me no order and no Black Sabbath
Warning - Watching From a Distance/The Strength to Dream
Saint Vitus - Stain Vitus
Trouble - Psalm 9
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Pentagram - Relentless
Pagan Altar - Volume 1
Black Hole - Land of Mystery
Solitude Aeturnus - Beyond the Crimson Horizon
The Obsessed - Lunar Womb
Revelation - Never Come Silence

Fuck I feel shitty for leaving out Solstice, Reverend Bizarre, Orodruin, Mirror of Deception, Spirit Caravan, Witchfinder General (only because I haven't heard it that much), Gates of Slumber, etc

What a hard fucking list to make

Reactions: SonOfNun
Fuck I feel shitty for leaving ... Witchfinder General (only because I haven't heard it that much),

How can you feel bad for leaving out a band that you arent that familiar with? :lol:

Also, I got StD for $8 beeutches. Chew on that fat.

edit: before anyone goes there, yeah I know people usually contract STD's for free.

Is Gates of Slumber still getting airplay with you guys these days? I could never get into Suffer no Guilt...but there's something about it which I can't write off entirely.

Is Gates of Slumber still getting airplay with you guys these days? I could never get into Suffer no Guilt...but there's something about it which I can't write off entirely.

I will admit that it has gotten lost in the shuffle because of the sheer amount of stuff I listen to, but when I do listen to it, I love it. That goes for a lot of stuff I own.

Not recently, but God Wills It still crushes me every time.

My favourite doom metal albums nowadays:

Fall of the Idols - Womb of the Earth
Scald - Will of the Gods Is Great Power
Doomsword - My Name Will Live On
Centurions Ghost - A Sign of Things to Come