anyway,

#1: Corrupted - El Mundo Frio
#2-10, maybe I'll list later

:kickass:

1. Corrupted - El Mundo Frio
2. Toadliquor - The Hortator's Lament
3. Corrupted - Llenandos de Gusanos 1/2
4. Corrupted - Se Hace Por Los Suenos Asesinos
(Gekkou No Diachi [Ground of Moonligh] is just fucking painful stuff)
5. Warhorse - As Heaven Turns to Ash...
6. Grief - Turbulent Times
7. Khanate - Capture and Release/Things Viral (a tie more or less)
8. Teeth of Lions Rule Divine - Rampton
9. Floor - Floor
10. Cephalic Carnage - Halls of Amenti

EDIT WTF, FORGOT BURIED AT SEA - MIGRATION... like top 5.

Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet
Skepticism - Lead and Aether
Anathema - Serenades
Anathema - Pentecost III
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Mourning Beloveth - Dust
Unholy - Gracefallen
Estatic fear - Somnium Obmutum
Funeral - Tragedies

Some of these aren't really doom but judging by this thread there isn't much consesus on what is considered doom anyway.

spikes77 said:
The Metamorphogenesis album is like going through the hallways of a mental institution 2 miles in the air tripped out in the dark. Every now and then you reach a part of the hallway with glass windows where sunrays flood in and you can see an amazing sunset in the distance. It's pretty good :loco:

o_O this album = blowing my fucking mind right now, that description is so accurate. That build up in dissedent OMFG thats amazing

J. said:
in no order (except the first one):

Arcane Sun - Arcane Sun
Skepticism - Lead & Aether
Until Death Overtakes Me - Prelude to Monolith
Thergothon - Stream From the Heavens
Esoteric - Metamorphogenesis
Cephalic Carnage - Halls of Amenti
Mourning Beloveth - Dust
Until Death Overtakes Me - Symphony I/Symphony II
Void of Silence - Human Antithesis

This has so changed. I'm not into doom at all anymore. Lets see:

Arcane Sun - s/t
Morgion - Solinari
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Mindrot - Dawning
Black Sabbath albums

Void of Silence - Human Antithesis
Corrupted - El Mundo Frio
Unholy - Gracefallen
Yob - The Unreal Never Lived
Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus
Corrupted - Se Hace por los Suenos Asesinos
Pantheist - Amartia
Shape of Despair - Angels of Distress
Monolithe - I
Void of Silence - Criteria ov 666

Warning - The Strength To Dream

This album needs to be discussed more around these parts.

I'm finally getting into it, having accepted it as a pretty different album from the unbeatable followup... this is nearly as incredible! Great story, great songs, and I'm even starting to love the vocals though they be different and not quite as smooth or awe-inspiring as the melodies on Watching From a Distance.

Seeing this band live has given me a whole new dimension of appreciation of their sound. I feel even closer to the songs on WFaD (in particular) than I did before, which I didn't even think was possible.

This album needs to be discussed more around these parts.

I'm finally getting into it, having accepted it as a pretty different album from the unbeatable followup... this is nearly as incredible! Great story, great songs, and I'm even starting to love the vocals though they be different and not quite as smooth or awe-inspiring as the melodies on Watching From a Distance.

Seeing this band live has given me a whole new dimension of appreciation of their sound. I feel even closer to the songs on WFaD (in particular) than I did before, which I didn't even think was possible.

Upload a track or two aye? I've been curious aboot it

The Return and The Strength to Dream (first and last tracks off the album) coming soon to a thread near you.

(this thread in case you're a little slow on the uptake)

The incredible album-opener: The Return

The title track and epic finale to this sad saga of unrequitted lost love: The Strength to Dream

Also, a bit of the story going on here:
The narrator character seems to have lost the woman he loves. I guess she died or something. So he decides to pull some Frankenstein (Fronk-ehn-steen?) shit and reanimate 'er! She isn't too thrilled about being a walking corpse and asks him to kill her. He debates this for a while because he loves her so much, eventually kills her, becomes really depressed, and blah blah....
Doomcifer or Swizzlenuts will lilkely explain it 10x better.

edit: fuck you Ken, its not like even mp3s of this shit are easy to come by

The incredible album-opener: The Return

The title track and epic finale to this sad saga of unrequitted lost love: The Strength to Dream

edit: fuck you Ken, its not like even mp3s of this shit are easy to come by

Fuck you Matt, it;s not like anyone was even paying any attention to me 4 years ago, and I would have gladly uploaded songs as I have many many many many MANY times in the past. And jew kno dees mane. :loco:

Lolllll well if I were you (or Pat Walker) I'd be glad that people ARE paying attention, however it happened.

I don't even think I knew what doom metal was other than Black Sabbath 4 years ago. Probably just listened to Opeth or some shit.

edit: Whatever words are exchanged, Climb Thar, you must remember the profuse manlove shared by me and Ken.