Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016

What is your favorite Genesis song/album? I put on Foxtrot after making that post and it still fails to excite for the most part, and I'm listening to what I have noted as my favorite track (Get 'Em out by Friday) right now. They're just so dull. Prog rock with boring sense of rhythm is worthless. They might be better than Camel for their highlights, but they don't have anything as purdy as The Snow Goose either. Pretty much the Anthrax of prog rock.

What is your favorite Genesis song/album? I put on Foxtrot after making that post and it still fails to excite for the most part, and I'm listening to what I have noted as my favorite track (Get 'Em out by Friday) right now. They're just so dull. Prog rock with boring sense of rhythm is worthless. They might be better than Camel for their highlights, but they don't have anything as purdy as The Snow Goose either. Pretty much the Anthrax of prog rock.

My absolute favourite Genesis album is definitely Trespass.

Examples? Most Magma I've heard is really jazz-funky which is basically the opposite of black metal.

Sonically, you could make the argument that their more frenetic moments have an almost feverishly occult sound.

I was think more in the terms of post-second wave visual aesthetics. All their album cover's seem to convey a similar vibe. Sorry I don't have anything more concrete for ya. I'll run through their catalog this weekend and try to make some stronger parallels.

I hear much more of Magma's weird tentacles in the sounds of death metal, especially blatantly in a band like Obliteration, who closed out their Black Death Horizon album with an outro called "Churning Magma" which was a blatant wink to Magma.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
Garbage like ... Pink Floyd
riker-facepalm.gif

Animals is a decent enough album. It's also half the length of The Wall (which is irredeemable).

You're right. The Adrian Belew era albums are all under 41 minutes.

Not sure if this is sarcasm since 90s KC and beyond are longer, but Discipline is definitely one of their best.