top-3 drummers

why just the first two albums? you just trying to be cult?

No, It's more of a comment on the quality of the albums than a comment on his skill level. I just think they set the bar really high with BMF and NSV, and haven't been able to match up. He is phemomenal, bu those first two albums just had that "teetering on the brink of madness" feel that they seem to have lost....just a matter of personal opinion. Also, now that Mike is gone, my least favorite aspect is gone as well:D , so we'll see how this new singer is....Mike was getting a little to "core" in his singing, often sounding like a rough shout...."Pardon me, waiter, but there seems to be some core in my metal":Smokedev: :Smokedev:

...plus Tony Laureano's faster and does some catchy Hoglanisms too. I'm pretty sure he'll finally get some recognition when the new Nile record's finished.

Lars GirlBitch rules man.. he is the king of drumming... i mean, who else can play 'Kick, Snare, Kick, Snare' like that??

Haaaaaaaaaaa hah ha ahah haaah h haaaah a ha

you guys all forgot the masters

bill ward - if i have to tel ya you shouldnt be here
filthy phil - motorhead
and thats right baby the first person i heard play double bass,
les binks - judas priest

everyone named all the tech dorks of course, but lets not forget where it all came from. this is for metal not jazz of course :)

Chris Reifert (Abscess/Autopsy)
Fenriz (Darkthrone)
Czral (Cadaver Inc., etc.)
Craig Smilowski (first Immolation album)
Mike Smith (Suffocation, especially Breeding the Spawn)

Non-metal:
Alphonse Mouzon

B.R.

Hoglan is such a badass because he's so effortless. His ability is great. He may not do all the polyrhythmic jazz that Reinert pulls out, but, he may have never tried to either.. Hoglan: "just hits things.. hard, and a lot.". He's a badass, his playing is almost entirely effortless, and his approach is original.

Reinert is great.. Reinert is a very very skilled drummer, but his originality... well.....................

J

holy shit have you guys ever heard of origin? this guy is the most technical drummer i have ever seen... i think he is better than richard christy. i forget his name but man... this guy isnt human. i have never seen somebody with so many cymbals in my life.. and he actually uses them all too. one handed drum rolls. never ending blasts, double bass, and cymbal technique it isnt even funny. if you guys can check out origin i suggest you check out the songs "disease called man", "larvae of the lie" and "vomit you out" i havent heard the entire new album yet (because it isnt out) but "larvae of the lie" is easily the most insane drumming i have ever heard in my life. but ya onto my list

the drummer from Origin
Richard Christy
the drummer from Yattering