Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal Albums of 2005

Cheiron said:
BTW. Kamelot's Black Halo... musically I love it. Lyrically its horrible. For example, "Why, my god, have you abandoned me, in my sobriety?!!"

You know, I have noticed that too. Roy Kahn used to be so good at writing lyrics. For example, look at any off of "In Your Multitude"

Cheiron said:
oops.

BTW. Kamelot's Black Halo... musically I love it. Lyrically its horrible. For example, "Why, my god, have you abandoned me, in my sobriety?!!"
You would have a point if you're thinking of 'sobriety' in the sense of being free of drink...intoxicants. Sober/Sobriety has much, much deeper meanings than just that. It is, as Kenneth pointed out, a very profound line.

In particular order

Opeth - Ghose Reveries
Circus Maximus - 1st Chapter
Helloween - Keepers Part 3
Biomechanical - Empires Of The World
Brainstorm = Liquid Monster

I guess that's why you haven't contributed anything to this thread since nothing tr00 and obscure has come out as recently as this millennium. :lol:

ps: i disagree with your pov.

1) Opeth - Ghost Reveries

2) Kamelot- The Black Halo

3) Dream Theatre - Octavarium

4) Dark Tranquility - Character

5) Scar Symmetry, Symmetric In Design

In regards to Khan's/Kamelot's lyrics, I find the Black Halo to be very deep. The line with sobriety in it is not a literary meaning, as I read it. How many songs is Khan a part of in his career? 50+ for Kamelot alone...the lyrics on TBH and Epica I find much better than The Fourth Legacy for example.

Jase

Upon your request (and the "tr00" intention of the thread):

1. Beyond Twilight - Section X
2. Redemption - The Fullness of Time
3. Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
4. Kamelot - Black Halo
5. Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

DoomsdayZach said:
hmm...

1) Swallow the Sun - Ghosts of Loss
2) Kreator - Enemy of God
3) God Dethroned - Lair of the White Worm
4) Samael - Reign of Light
5) Mercenary - 11 Dreams

Uh-oh..... Is 11 Dreams a 2005 or 2004 release? I'd swear it's been around for a lot longer than a year.....

If it's 2005, then I might have to file an amended return. :)

Pellaz said:
Uh-oh..... Is 11 Dreams a 2005 or 2004 release? I'd swear it's been around for a lot longer than a year.....

If it's 2005, then I might have to file an amended return. :)

It was released in 2004. It might not have been *officially* released in the US until 2005, but just about anyone who wanted it in 2004 could get the easily-available European release.

top 5 greatest recirds of 2005 (all metal)

1 Enemy of God-Kreator
2 Mafia-Black Label Society
3 Angel Of Retribution-Judas Preist
4 Ghost Reveries-Opeth
5 Alien-Strapping Young Lad
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: