Top 5 Metal Albums

Benighted1 said:
Well actually if your going to be perdantic....
It was Stole_my_bike under a different name who laughed at Keith's list below and Kieth questioned why he laughed and you said something along the lines of "he's pretty much right etc" (for laughing)
Maybe you weren't laughing about the Metallica one but I assumed it was for that choice..
So I guess you were agreeing but not actually laughing, either way:rolleyes:

Keith!'s list:-
1. Pantera - Vulger Display of Power
2. Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
3. Metallica - Black Album
4. Slayer - Reign in Blood
5. Megadeth - Rust in Peace

...The posts have been deleted now anyway by the mods which proves how retarded they were, hence my point so maybe its your turn to stfu :Smug:

I think you may be getting a little mixed up.
NFU never laughed at my listing's (well he may have laughed in his head :) but he never posted) nor did he reply to it.

Keith! said:
I think you may be getting a little mixed up.
NFU never laughed at my listing's (well he may have laughed in his head :) but he never posted) nor did he reply to it.

Read my post again... What I said was some guy laughed, you questioned why he laughed then NFU came along and said "so what he is pretty much right blah blah blah" too love of the halflings leaf has slowed your mind my son:cool:

Benighted1 said:
Read my post again... What I said was some guy laughed, you questioned why he laughed then NFU came along and said "so what he is pretty much right blah blah blah" too love of the halflings leaf has slowed your mind my son:cool:

Check page 4 of this thread, NFU agreed with someones post about no one should have albums from 1990 onwards, nothing about my list. :)

Keith! said:
Check page 4 of this thread, NFU agreed with someones post about no one should have albums from 1990 onwards, nothing about my list. :)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yes yes yes I saw that when i was scrolling back through the thread only to find that the mods have deleted the posts I am refering too. Similar comments though, your right

P.S whats with the smiley face after every post?

Kinda gay don't you think or..? :lol:

Benighted1 said:
I brought you up because you are the most obvious example that everyone knows... pretty logical really

example at what? laughing at people? i dont laugh at people often...i pity them. or if theyre not totally hopeless...i try to help them. but i dont sugar coat things...no.

NineFeetUnderground said:
example at what? laughing at people? i dont laugh at people often...i pity them. or if theyre not totally hopeless...i try to help them. but i dont sugar coat things...no.

Thats cool NFU, trust me, I realize that by now thats for sure BUT, all I was saying is an album might be somebodies favourite album here for alot of different reasons for example the time and place in their lives where they first got into it, therefore their list might not always reflect the highest quality stuff avalible...

Benighted1 said:
Thats cool NFU, trust me, I realize that by now thats for sure BUT, all I was saying is an album might be somebodies favourite album here for alot of different reasons for example the time and place in their lives where they first got into it, therefore their list might not always reflect the highest quality stuff avalible...

ones life and experiences can be even further enriched by listening to GOOD music. but yes, i understand that entirely. but if i was guilty of that, i wouldnt necessarily defend those bands for being anything other than that. catch my drift?

NineFeetUnderground said:
ones life and experiences can be even further enriched by listening to GOOD music. but yes, i understand that entirely. but if i was guilty of that, i wouldnt necessarily defend those bands for being anything other than that. catch my drift?

yea man totally

opeth - still life
katatonia - the great cold distance
novembre - materia
emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
ulver - bergtatt

honourable mentions:

opeth - MAYH
cradle of filth - cruelty and the beast
dimmu borgir - spiritual black dimensions
ihsahn - the adversary
arcturus - the sham mirrors

honestly, this WAS hard....sooo many other cd's that could have made the list. like someone else said, more than one opeth could have easily been on the top 5, but I too wanted to broaden up my tastes.

Alcapoth said:
honourable mentions:
dimmu borgir - spiritual black dimensions
ihsahn - the adversary

Really? I'm not getting at you man, but I'm really curious about these ones. SBD is my least favourite Dimmu album, so I guess I want to know what it is you get from it? It's a LONG time since I heard it, but I remember being given the distinct impression that it sounded cheap and nasty, and was a very awkward, poor transition between their earlier sound, and the PEM sound. Bearing that in mind... why is it your favourite?
And 'The Adversary'... don't get me wrong, I think it's really good, but... in what way is it better than 'Prometheus'?

And before anyone starts, I know certain selections on my list put me in no position to criticise anyone elses choices, but I'm not doing that. I actually am just curious :)

1. Atrox - "Terrestrials"
2. Fear of God - "Within The Veil"
3. Atrox - "Orgasm"
4. Madder Mortem - "Deadlands"
5. The Third And The Mortal - "Tears Laid In Earth"

"the production on red in the sky gives it a decaying feel which i think suits the music. as for the music itself...i could reiterate what everyone has said already (sots is grossly simplified, predictable, etc compared to red).

and why did you quote my personal info?"

i dont know i always quote with copy paste :p

That´s a bullshit theory about the producing...they just couldn´t handle the mixing and recording good enough... ok, so you build your taste upon others opinnions?... and following... please define every point you quoted, sounds like such random nonsence...

1) Blackwater Park - Opeth
2) Songs of Darkness, Words of Light - My Dying Bride
3) Annihilation of the Wicked - Nile
4) With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness - At the Gates
5) Once Upon the Cross - Deicide

Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine
Psychotic Waltz - A Social Grace
Opeth - BWP
Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian
Anacrusis - Screams And Whispers

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Yeah, that is so true. A maturing taste is way overrated. It's like how i used to listen to Taproot when first beginning to listen more to music, and now whenever someone asks me to list what i consider the top 5 i put it down instantly.[/QUOTE

:erk:

I have several titles in mind but I'm not quite sure about your "metal" definition?
Could you give us a definition so we could make our list according to that?