and for who could forget Zonaria :lol:

Meshuggah - ObZen
Nachtmystium - Assassins: Black Meddle Part I
Opeth - Watershed
Enslaved - Vertebrae
Gojira - Way of All Flesh
Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV
Esoteric - The Order of Destiny

ummm, that all I'd really put on a best of list.

spent alot of this year getting into trippy music and rap

:lol: I love you guys but your music taste is quite the opposite of mine. I love Ayreon, 01011001 was an amazing album for me. And Jorn Lande is the fucking man and would impale all of you with his cock :lol: I didn't like it at first but it really grew on me, the album I mean, not his cock.

:lol: I love you guys but your music taste is quite the opposite of mine. I love Ayreon, 01011001 was an amazing album for me.

Yes, it's cheese-empire but damn it's Ayreon... The songs are just too good. Highest quality transcending both discs.

My other picks consist of considerably big and huge act for the first time in some years. That's just the way it is...

Personal album of the year: Warrel Dane - Praises To The War Machine...

I must admit, I had some doubts about this. Not about Warrel, but the other guys he was writing/recording with. Simply because acts like Soilwork or Himsa are the epitome of boredom IMO.

But they pulled off a great platform for Warrel to showcase his incredible ability to construct and perform melodies, that grab you on so many emotional levels. Solid riffing, but all eyes on the vocal performance...

This record makes sense. Because it's so considerably different from Nevermore, without sounding like they were trying to be different just for the sake of it.

The original compositions are ace ("Let You Down" being the only track I could live without) and the covers put even the originals to shame ("Patterns" sounds as honest as if Warrel had written it on his own).

If anything, this record made me realize even more how important WD is for the whole Nevermore package. He makes it, or breaks it...

[/asslicking]

My Top Favorite Metal cds of 2008:
1. Warrel Dane: Praises to the War Machine
2. Castrofate: Cataclysmic Insanity cd
3. Zephaniah: Stories from the Book of Metal cd
4. Gates of Winter: Lux Aeterna cd
5. Pyramaze: Immortal cd
6. Iced Earth: The Crucible of Man cd
7. Signum Regis: S/T cd
8. Emir Hot: Sevdah Metal cd
9. Ephrat: No One's Words cd
10. PowerWorld: S/T cd