Top CDs of 2009 and 00's

Fat weeeeee-aaaaa-boooooo

img00006s.jpg

Fat weeeeee-aaaaa-boooooo

Still much better than being a faggot. :loco: Although I'm not sure I'm obsessed enough with anime and Jap culture to be called one. My interests in this life are too diverse for this. Ahh, it's all semantics.

Did I say metal ? No.

This year was the 200th anniversary of Felix Mendelssohn's birthday. Pretty awesome the way I look at it.

I can't make my list for 2009 until Disarmonia Mundi's new album comes out. It's probably going to make my #2 spot, so I have to wait. I'll post my list for the decade at that time too.

Katatonia - Night Is The New Day

AGREED. I love this album.

Oh the new Scar Symmetry was badass too.

You were doing so well until you said this. But then again, since I'm such an enormous Christian Alvestam fanboy, this album was guaranteed to be a letdown for me.

the new katatonia is fucking amazing, never heard em before that one and i fucking love them now
im a HUGE scar symmetry fan and i will agree christian's absence is extremely sad and noticeable, but the whole album is awesome IMO, basically carried on the good SS faith, parenthesis in eternity is one of my all time favorite songs from them, but ive seem some live videos of the singers and OH MY GOD they suck, they can't hit anywhere near as high christian could....fuck that guys a god

i also want to say swallow the sun's new one is amazing as well

Wow :lol: I hate Katatonia, I hate Swallow the Sun and I hate Scar Symmetry... and lulz as it is, they were all touring together 2007 with Insomnium and I went to their show. I ditched after Insomnium... I was in and around the venue and Scar Symmetry was shit and the Katatonia singer raped his own songs witht he worst live performance I have witness since an In Flames show.

I also saw Scar Symmetry with Soilwork in '06... and they made Soilwork look amazing :loco:

I saw Scar Symmetry at Graspop with the 2 new guys and it was pretty fucking good. Never got a chance to see them with Christian though so I can't compare.
Also same as Zakk I had no knowledge of Katatonia before this album and its fucking killer.

I really enjoyed their new album, but I personnaly think I'll never like anything more than The Great Cold Distance.

And the new Swallow The Sun disappointed me.

I really love new STS eventhough its not even close to the first album.
New katatonia is good i guess,but Skyforger is still the best metal album for this year.
The biggest disappointments were Behemoth,Nile,Immortal,Gorgoroth,Marduk and 1349.

i really like the great cold distance as well but i think the new one is better, i got their whole disco. so im starting from the beginning, it's amazing how they'ved progressed. the new swallow the sun is the first time ive ever heard them as well, what are the other albums like?

and are you kidding me?? behemoth and niles new ones were amazing!