Top Metal Albums: 1st Quarter 2006 Reporting -- SEC filings & audit underway

IOfTheStorm said:
Dude i heard that Reino Ermitano album, while the music is pretty good..i am not really sure about these vocals..

My sentiments exactly. I might still buy an album but I can't decide which one yet.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Nah, Ellestin knows what's up.

Btw, there needs to be a really lame thumbs up smilie.
thumbsup.gif

IOfTheStorm said:
Oh well this doesn't really say that this Slater guy wrote riffs/guitar melodies, vocal lines, or that generally he had an imput in composing the songs.
Come on. I know you still love these guys, but Wilton only wrote three songs. Where did all the music come from? Did Geoff write it on his Casio keyboard? This album was written largely by two guys who had nothing to do with the first disc. In that respect, it's a complete joke to call this "Mindcrime II".

Zod

Erik said:
the answer to this question is the same as "do you like newer sentenced?"

Erik, you fucker!!

There are few "girly songs" on the Eclipse and you know why? Because the story is a about Kullervo who felled in love with his sister ( he didn't know it was his sister though) and those girly parts are all about that and with the great story attachement, it really fullfills the whole concept, whatta fucking great album!!!!!!!!!!! Best Amorphis EVER!

Standout albums to date for 2006 (in no order):
Drudkh
Amorphis
Vanden Plas
Pyramaze
Place of Skulls

Albums on the Horizon:
Agalloch
Balance of Power
Circus Maximus
Redemption
Zero Hour
Novembers Doom
Iron Maiden

Needs more listens
Pharaoh
Satyricon
Darkthrone
Vreid
Daylight Dies
The Ocean

The Worst:
Enslaved
Evergrey
Queensryche

Zod

JayKeeley said:
Yeah, I would say I like at least 80% of what Ellestin likes, but I just thought he might go for the Enslaved just with his penchant for all things eclectic.

Well Enslaved is a really peculiar case for me. From each of their periods there are miletsone albums and meh albums IMO, even if I'd be hard put to explain clearly what draws me into the ones and repells me from the others.

For instance:
Frost >>>>> Vikinggliliwgrrrg
Eld >>>>> Blodhemn
Monumension >> Below the Light (which I still like a lot)

Besides I agree with you about the songwriting draught they're experiencing since "Isa". "Ruun" is teh snoozefest, and they're seriously ruuning out of great riffs.

Wha does BW&BK mean anyway?

M.Lehto said:
Erik, you fucker!!

There are few "girly songs" on the Eclipse and you know why? Because the story is a about Kullervo who felled in love with his sister ( he didn't know it was his sister though) and those girly parts are all about that and with the great story attachement, it really fullfills the whole concept, whatta fucking great album!!!!!!!!!!! Best Amorphis EVER!

You know, I respect your opinion and all, but that is just laughable to me.

I'm actually shocked at how good the new Amorphis is, just because I thought Far From the Sun was about as good as it was going to get. Eclipse doesn't sound ANYTHING like "Cold White Light", come on people, use some imagination here. :loco:

Anyways....

Ellestin said:
For instance:
Frost >>>>> Vikinggliliwgrrrg
Eld >>>>> Blodhemn
Monumension >> Below the Light (which I still like a lot)

I really need to hear Frost. You know, the funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if one day I thought Monumension was the best Enslaved album. Right now I'm in a state of ambivalence, but I can sense it's a grower.

Wha does BW&BK mean anyway?

Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles -- a whore mag from Canada that basically sucks the cock of all "usual suspects" in metal: Enslaved, Opeth, Nevermore, Candlemass, In Flames, etc. Anything on Nuclear Blast or Century Media is automatically given bonus points for advertising kickbacks. You should have seen their top 50 list of 2005.

In other words, it's Metal-Rules.com in print.

BW&BK gives good reviews to pretty much everything don't they? I think I've only read the thing once, but that 7.5+/10 for every review thing you see around these days is kinda strange. I've actually been told by reviewers that they don't feel they have the authority to criticize bands too much because of all the work they put into their releases.

Back on the new Drudkh :

I like how you enter the album like it's Autum Aurora pt. 2 with "Furrows of Gods" then you are slowly absorbed by mototonous Swan Road-like riffs.

Dev said:
Back on the new Drudkh :

I like how you enter the album like it's Autum Aurora pt. 2 with "Furrows of Gods" then you are slowly absorbed by mototonous Swan Road-like riffs.

So I'm not the only one that sees more of Swan Road in this one? I thought I was crazy.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Im sure its been mentioned, but Summonings "Oath Bound" is my favorite release this year so far. Land of the Dead is so.fucking.epic.

Has that been released in the fucking U.S. yet? I keep looking for it at TER and Redstream and haven't seen it. I really want to hear it.