Top vocalists, just your opinions

Let's not forget her brief stint on the Shocker movie soundtrack either.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DWgcXLfdA8&feature=PlayList&p=BE0F7532F968645C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=31&shuffle=231[/ame]

Damn what a beautiful ballad. :cry:

Also another one I forgot was Rod Evans(ex-Deep Purple's original vocalist) who collaborated with members of both Iron Butterfly and Edgar Winter and formed the great and amazing American progressive band known as Captain Beyond.

Anyone here heard 'em?

That Budgie song was great but I kept waiting for Ann Wilson to come in with ooooooo Barricuda

great to hear the old school sound

I hear your enthusiasm but it is somewhat tough to gauge a female vocalist without any indication of her vocal phrasing.

exactly, I was going to add that interesting point but figured I'd wait.

Still I believe it is the single most astounding female vocal performance

said so much without words

Well then in that case, I could always bring the classical out(though it IS words).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbXAN5OjVVw

But Claire didnt sound like a Bultaco when she did her RRRRRR's.... oops, she didnt do any r's. :heh:

Thats a beautiful piece, but typically I dont like opera voices, least not glass shattering Sopranos. Great tone control and power but something generally misses for me and I think its the pronounced tone... plus what the hell are they singing about ? :)

My favorite vocalists are Jorn Lande, Russell Allen, Roy Khan, and Bruce Dickinson (perhaps it's just me). I don't know about the best, my knowledge is far too limited to talk about such things.

without incredible vocals, you have nothing.

I never heard Roger Waters or Dave Mustane's soaring multirange epic vocals. Even without writing instrumentals you dont need good vocals, you dont need good anything, all you need is chemestry. I just so happans that "good" aspects seem to be the usual alchemy. Derp.

I'll never get the Sebastian Bach thing, he did not stand out as my favorite of that era and style of vocalists. Also the JCS pieces that I did hear him sing on pale to the performance Ian Gillan gave on the origional.

So theres another name

Ian Gillan in his youth