Toronto Show Review & Setlist (November 11)

onesickanimal

New Metal Member
Nov 1, 2005
First off, I'm gonna' give a little crappy review since I don't think I'm too good at reviews... but either way. Anyways, me and my girlfriend got there at about 8, just when doors are supposed to open, and they didn't end up opening 'till about quarter to 9, which was a little late. The Opera House was packed. It was hard just to move around.. nearly impossible. The merch was set up at the worst place, right beside the bar, so all the people with beer got their cups knocked down or something because of the merch people. The shirts were 35, and the sweaters were 60. Everything was nice, and they had the 'AYDY' shirts in longsleeve and shortsleeve. And now onto the music.

First out was Amon Amarth, and they rocked! They looked like Iceland people, and I've never heard them too much before, but they blew me away! I ended up buying their cd I liked 'em so much. After Amon Amarth got off, Trivium came on. I've heard mixed feelings for this band, because they're just 'screamo' type thing, but they weren't too bad. The only problem I had was that the lead singer looked like a monkey.. especially when he screamed his lyrics. All in all, they were pretty good, except the lead singer kept tellin the crowd to get in a circle pit, which I heard he does at every concert. "Get a f*cking circle pit going! Bang our heart out! blah blah"... it just ends up getting annoying... and then Bodom.

Wow, need I say more? They came out, and right away dived into living dead beat, Alexi screaming his heart out every single verse... everyone playing everything so perfectly. The rest of the show was excellent, Alexi ended up spitting on the crowd and I think they liked it :S... either way, the pit was insane, tons of people jumping and knocking each other out, just the way you'd expect it at a Bodom concert. All in all Bodom whooped ass, and I would LOVE to see them again soon. Alexi played all of the solos perfectly, and they ended up playing about 16 songs and 2 solos. Very good set too. I ended up getting a copy of the setlist and a bottle of water from a 'security' dude, and the setlist is as follows:

Living Dead Beat
Sixpounder
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
In Your Face
Angels Don't Die
drum solo
Follow the Reaper
Lake Bodom
Needled 24/7
Keyboard and Guitar solos
We're Not Gonna' Fall
Hatecrew Deathroll
Are You Dead Yet?

They went backstage for a minute, and everyone started chanting Bodom louder than anything I've ever heard, I think everyone in the venue was screaming. They came back out and played 3 songs as 'encores'.

Chokehold
Everytime I Die
Downfall

They then threw all their shit into the crowd, picks, drum sticks, bottles of water, everything, crumpled up setlists, and the lot. They stayed on stage for about 10 minutes thanking the crowd, and once that was done, a Beastie Boys song came on the PA, and Alexi was singing it into the mic, and it sounded cool to hear "You Gotta' Fight, For Your Right, To Party!" in a metal voice. Anyways, the concert was F*cking fantastic, and I would definitely go again. Bodom fans, you will not be dissappointed, and if you haven't heard of Amon Amarth, you've got another top 10 favourite band to add to your list, and if you ahve heard of amon amarth, good for you, they kick ass.

Love peace and hair grease.

thanks man cool review. no bodom after midnight though!!!

Oh yeah and im glad they played Angles dont "DIE" its by far my favourite bodom song!! :p

im positive that they played bodom after midnight.... even if it wasnt on the list it was still stuck in there ... it was an awsome fucking show before the show we went to a bar to have a few drinks and who walks in ...... janne warman (cobs keyboard) and jaska raatikainen(drums) .. it was so awsome ... we actually sat there with them and a had a few beers just talking about there albums and stuff ... all in all all the bands put on awsome shows !! but no alexi didnt play all the solos perfectly ... there was a few mess ups .. but not really stuff u could notice if u werent really into guitar ... me and my friend were on the gates the whole time giving alexi and roope high fives .. the 1 thing i really didnt like was alexi spitting constantly ... i was getting hit like everytime ... either way i already have my tickets for dec 12 so ill be back ! AWSOME FUCKING SHOW

onesickanimal said:
First out was Amon Amarth, and they rocked! They looked like Iceland people
Actually they're Swedish and if you wanna know more about their lyrics and beliefs http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209766

You can 100% confirm they played Lake Bodom?
...and why isnt this in the North American thread. Imagine a different thread for each single freakin show they do.. not a good idea right? Nop..

dimebag420 said:
im positive that they played bodom after midnight.... even if it wasnt on the list
Here's my guess :

• They didnt play Lake Bodom in the 2 first gigs
  • They did play Bodom After Midnight/Bodom Beach Terror/End Of Bodom After Midnight
  • Finally, Alexi did say "Any of you crazy metal modafuckers know a place called fuckin Lake fucking Bodom?" And played the above mentioned songs - without playing Lake Bodom.
So maybe it was even written Lake Bodom in the setlist to help Alexi remember his presentation of the 2 other Bodom songs.

Fucking Awesome show, as mentioned in other threads I nearly collapsed from being smashed against the front railing, and had to leave the front during the Laiho/Warman solo. I found the keyboards where too quiet myself.

The only thing I didnt like wa the lack of Somthing WIld songs. Oh well, they have too many good ones not enough time. Also at the end when Alexi was signing autographs 3 dumbasses came up and wouldnt stop screaming "YOUR BUS SUCKS, WHAT HAPPEND TO WARHEART!?!?!" pissing people off.

At least in studio, trivium isn't bad, good compositions...

I can't believe they put that shit song we're not gonna fall on the setlist....they like to feel ashamed, it seems. It would be expected that they played a certain number of songs from aydy, but for fuck's sake not the lamest ones!

The show was fucking AWESOME!!!!! Great set list, great solos and great pit.
But I was a bit dispointed that they didn't play Children of Decadence. But it was still fucking great!

Yeah, children of decadence would've been sweet... I've never heard them play that live.. but I love that song, it's in my top 3! :D

The Bringer said:
Sounds liek a fucking awesome show! But nothing off Something Wild? I'm very disappointed.

its what happens when you want to promote your newest album, the show could have consisted of Alexi Liaho kicking me in the face, and I would have walked away happy :worship:

lets try not to make this "OMG AYDY SUCKS ROFLOMG" thread please.

Hennka wore my bands shirt onstage :Spin: ..and i thought the setlist was great. I actually like that song We Arent Gunna Fall.. Met them throughout the day. Hennka took pictures of me a couple friends for his collection of photos of fans around the world he is compiling. He has a very nice camera. My friend and him and a little "camera talk" and showed off their cameras to eachother. Jaska and I talked up a storm. Had lots of funny convos with Roope. Not many people saw janne, he was sort of no where to be seen, but i managed to get him to sign a couple things for me. Alexi was a very busy guy, also managed to get him to sign some stuff...

if I have the opportunity on dec 12 to talk to alexi, I'm going to tell him to play guitar on the next album. I mean for fucks sakes, it's alexi and roope, both accomplished guitarist and yet this is what they play? Hopefully if enough people tell him that he should stick to showing off his talent rather then gettin lazy and writing boring riffs he will get the point. Why the hell does he think he got popular? It's one of those things that plauges the music industry. You get popular and known for what you did, so make what your doing greater not less.

Can't wait to see em

I loved it, I got a really fucking close picture of alexi. I think they did so amazing, i couldnt belive how close i finally got to the stage.

i only got 4 pics, and they are all of me and Janne/Roope/Hennka and 1 shot of Alexi's hand because he was excaping inside the bus :(