My Toronto Concert Review. and trivium got their circle pit.

toronto_COBHC

New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2005
CHILDREN OF BODOM /trivium/ amon amarth @ Opera House toronto, Dec 12

i got there to see amon amarth starting their first song(i assume), pursuit of vikings. they were pretty good, accept for their solos. the crowd liked them, and often responded to the singer asking to "see those viking horns!"

i moved to the pit for trivium. the crowd even started chanting their name in anticipation. they came on with an intro then went right into rain. the pit was moderate, which was significantly heavier then one that bodom generated. i saw one huge guy randomly swinging powerfull elows, hiting a few kids. i saw one guy afetr with a bloody nose and i could only assume where that came from. halway into their set they said a tribute to DIMEBAG DARELL. Matt and Corey were playing dime's model washburns. they then played WALK, which was very very loudly sung by the crowd.

they got their circle pit going before one of their songs but it didnt last too long, but still pretty good compared to how other crowds liked them

Trivum songs i remebered:
Intro
Rain
Drowned And Torn Asunder (I think)
Ascendencey
Like Light to the Flies
A Gunshot to the head of Trepidation
and a few others..

Before bodom, there was a 25 minute wait. Bodom is worth it for me, but not for some other guys in teh crowd. a chant of "FUCK YOU BODOM" arose a few times during the wait. they played an awsome set with im pretty sure no mistakes.accept during the keyboard's duel with alexi, alexi goofed up and hit a bunch of random notes which sent the keyboardist into a fit of drunken laughter. the duel even evolved for a few bars into a britney spears song.

the pit was packed, and moshing occured halfway back from the venue. so many people crowded the front to see alexi and the rest of the band. torwards the end msohing stopped and there was just an empty circle, which sometimes reformed into mosshing, but was mostly occupied by the random headbanger.

heres in rough order Bodom's set:

Living Dead Beat
Sixpounder
(a few songs from AYDY, not my favourite...)
angels dont kill
follow the reaper
Hate Me
LAKE BODOM!
In Your Face
Alexi/Keyboard Duel
Hatecrew Deathroll
Needled 24/7
Are You Dead Yet?

Guitar Solo
Bodom after midnight-bodom beach terror- bodom after midnight
downfall

amazing concert, no hatebreeder or CHILDREN OF BODOM:erk:

tell me if you went..

I went, i was on the left side near henkka all night and i had an arch enemy shirt on

i had a hate crew deathroll t shirt on, short dark brown hair, im 135 and kinda short for my age (16) who else wen to this show

first of all i was at the concert 2 and second of all ITS DIMEBAG DARRELL ...... they also played kissing the shadows ... your set list is all out of wack ..... Trivium played 2 of Dimes actual guitars .. (not just 2 models ) the reinventing the steel washburn and the confederate flag washburn ..... And also they only played a chunk of walk not the whole thing .... And how the hell do u forget they played a chunk of DOMINATION .. i have no idea .. the concert was a very good show except amon amarth , which they did not play well at all ... trivium kicked ass that was my third time seeing them and it was by far the best .. and also it was my 3rd time seeing bodom and was definetly there best show ive seen .. overall awesome show ... definetly better than on the 11th ... but my pictures from the 11th are way better here is a few i took

trivium1.jpg

bodom1.jpg

hahhah circle pit..

singer from trivium " i wanna see a fucking circle Pit ! .. c'mmon i wanna see a fucking PIT ! MOSH PIT !. show me the CIRCLE PIT ! "

hahah SHut the fuck Up dood quit trying to make us do stuff...

Midnight*Walker said:
hahah SHut the fuck Up dood quit trying to make us do stuff...

Do you say the same thing when someone says "Hey! George Bush is wrong let's impeach him!"

:lol: Sorry I had to say it!

When someone from a band ASKS the crowd to create a "circle put" then MAYBE the crowd isn't into your show.

dimebag420 said:
first of all i was at the concert 2 and second of all ITS DIMEBAG DARRELL ...... they also played kissing the shadows ... your set list is all out of wack ..... Trivium played 2 of Dimes actual guitars .. (not just 2 models ) the reinventing the steel washburn and the confederate flag washburn ..... And also they only played a chunk of walk not the whole thing .... And how the hell do u forget they played a chunk of DOMINATION .. i have no idea .. the concert was a very good show except amon amarth , which they did not play well at all ... trivium kicked ass that was my third time seeing them and it was by far the best .. and also it was my 3rd time seeing bodom and was definetly there best show ive seen .. overall awesome show ... definetly better than on the 11th ... but my pictures from the 11th are way better here is a few i took

Amon Amarth Rules, Trivium Blows. You don't need 4 periods at the end of each sentance.

i 2 went to the children of bodom dec12 show, it was fucking sick , so sick i stayed home the next day from skool to play guitar. i dont feel trivium has the right to play dimes guitars , there an opening band for god sake.

The concert was fucking brutal, best I've ever been to. Waited 3 or 4 hours in line. I was right on the left side front of the stage (right beside the speakers). Roope, Alexi & Henkka always seemed to be attracted to that side, it was amazing, gave props to all of them.

CliffBurton said:
Amon Amarth Rules, Trivium Blows. You don't need 4 periods at the end of each sentance.

i dont mind amon amarth at all . im just saying Trivium played way better that night , its a fact . and dime would of wanted them to play his guitars , Dime always loved new bands that play awesome solos.. he didnt like the fact that a lot of bands didnt . and Pantera was a huge influence on trivium .

can anyone see my pictures .. there fuckin badass i have aboiut 4 rolls worth.

toronto_COBHC said:
CHILDREN OF BODOM /trivium/ amon amarth @ Opera House toronto, Dec 12

heres in rough order Bodom's set:

Living Dead Beat
Sixpounder
(a few songs from AYDY, not my favourite...)
angels dont kill
follow the reaper
Hate Me
LAKE BODOM!
In Your Face
Alexi/Keyboard Duel
Hatecrew Deathroll
Needled 24/7
Are You Dead Yet?

Guitar Solo
Bodom after midnight-bodom beach terror- bodom after midnight
downfall

amazing concert, no hatebreeder or CHILDREN OF BODOM:erk:

tell me if you went..

Are you sure they played Are you dead yet? last?

dimebag420 said:
why are you such a cunt? do you really feel better about yourself correcting somebody on their spelling of someone elses name? or on a statement made regarding setlists or guitars played? hmm?? and for being such a cunt, im gonna tell you flat out that i think your pictures are horrible. enroll yourself in a photography course, or how bout purchasing a book on how to take aethetically pleasing photographs. learn how to frame a fucking shot you bloodpurse

You all are fannies. Shit review.. learn to write bro.
Learn to take photos.

And stop encouraging CoB to make nu metal.

and yes i'm ill so i'm beign a dick, i don't care.

-Gavin- said:
and yes i'm ill so i'm beign a dick
Is it GRIDS? im pulling for it to be GRIDS. keep me updated :D p.s.-i was rooting for Kuru, but since you used the word fannie, i downgraded a tad